Fastest You've ever been in your car?

100mph in a 1974 Volvo 145. It was kinda fun once I got over my speed-limit-breaking scruples, and decided I didn't want my tiny little European ultra-compact converted into an SUV's hood ornament.

Actually, it's the person applying lip stick, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio with a cup of coffee in there lap that you have to worry about.

I'd rather see some going a over the speed limit that is alert, watching the road ahead of them, then the majority of drivers I see today who seem to think they have to do everything but drive when they are behind the wheel.

Indeed. I've seen people eating while talking on their cell phones behind the wheel. I've seen people doing crosswords, reading books, even using a laptop - all while (not) driving the car.

Just at 100MPH in my Passat. It was pleading with me to go faster but I don't need a ticket for that.

Someday...

Well I drive a 91 S10 and the speedometer only goes up to 85 then the needle disapears and I've gone a bit faster than 85 :p I know it's not very fast, but it's not bad for a 15 year old truck.

Actually, it's the person applying lip stick, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio with a cup of coffee in there lap that you have to worry about.

I'd rather see some going a over the speed limit that is alert, watching the road ahead of them, then the majority of drivers I see today who seem to think they have to do everything but drive when they are behind the wheel.

Your main function when in the DRIVERS seat is to DRIVE!

120-130 in a '91 M3

180kmh in toyota camry or corolla. did it in winter on empty highway. the car would not go any faster..pieace of junk :D anyway not going to try such things again any time soon.

Topped out at 140mph in my current 2000 Crown Victoria P71 (Police Interceptor)

@ that speed, ride feels like on clouds.

Before I had a '97 Mercury Sable... Topped it out @ 120mph (V6)

Crown Vic @ 80 feels like the sable at 40

Great car, built like a ****in tank (p71)

180km/h Infiniti G35x (dad's car :p). I know it can go faster but it's my dads car so I diden't go too nuts. I wonder what my 96 Sunfire can do.

like 180 mph in a 240sx silvia. that thing was a monster!

You got the fastest out of all of us yet (did some quick conversions and 180 is approximately 290km/h). What did it feel like :p?

Edit: funny how all the fastest speeds that have been posted on here are Nissans. Personaly I really like them I think there great. Dads car is a Infiniti G35x (Nissan owns Infiniti) and me and him both love it :p.

Edited by cloudstrife13

125mph on my 1.4 Honda Civic, had to be going down a hill otherwise it tops out just before 120mph!

You guys should note that these are clock figures, and in reality the actual speeds are probably 10% slower.

About 150 km/h (93 mph) with my 1992 Volkswagen Polo. :p

I'll get a different car next Thursday though. And in about 2 months I get a totally new car.