Fastest You've ever been in your car?

146 mph in my old F-reg Ford Orion, 1.6 engine. The wheels were alligned ever so slightly not so straight so as soon as you hit a ton the car would rock and roll!

My friend though has a BMW M3 that has seen the mod-shop, 2.5 V6, touches 190.

Edited by Samboini

135mph in an MG ZS180...

That was fun :)

Also did around 115 - 120 mph along with around 40 other Rover 75 2.5 V6s before they were launched. Some police drivers were at the front, we all joined the motorway together (@ 105mph) it was a massive convoy... that was coool!!

Mate has just bought an Evo IX (Imported from Japan) - he owns a Nitrous Oxide Supply company, so (of course) has had to fit the car out with it and it's fully "blinged"...

...not sure of the speed of that - yet - but he takes it track days. Will let you know once I've been in it with him driving (I daren't drive that thing!!)

sam_goffe - did similar in my old Nova (LOL).

Septimus - Marry me (the give me your car and divorce me)!

LOL - Just get a Seat (pretty much any Turbo model as long as it's K05) and then Revo it. It's a good place to start and pretty cheap for the power.

Also, your GF's Ibiza, for under ?500 you should get it to around 130BHP and increase the torque to around 300lb's through Revo alone (may need new exhaust and hoses on the turbo).

Edited by Septimus

120mph in my '01 Nissan Sentra

Took like 40 seconds and 5 gallons of gas to make it there though.

/exaggeration

Haven't taken my 328i to the limiter yet, needs new trailing arm bushes so every drive is done slowly at the mo :pinch:

But I've hit the limiters in most of my cars :blush:

155mph in both my 200sx's

143mph in my Gen 5 2.2 Prelude (racing a VR6 golf that powered past me i just stopped at 143, very soft limiter)

125mph in my Zetec-s Fiesta (not limited just ran out of power :laugh: )

funkymunky: Do you know how to get all the digital diags on the focus dash, like speed, revs's, fuel left etc? the speedo in both my old ones was about 12mph out at those speeds. let me know if you want the instructions.

erm... around 127mph...this was in a mid90's mondeo, when the car was actually full with everything I owned....I reckon it could go a hell of alot faster as it was no where near the limit and didn't take long to get to even though it was full, but i'm to chicken to try for any higher

GF has a 1.9tdi ibiza 90bhp - it WILL go faster mate ;)

Of course, there is around 300kg difference between Leon and Ibiza ;). I'm gonna have mine re-programmed to for 20/30hp more juice. TDI :rofl:

Edited by Avalanche

119Mph in a R reg Ford Fiesta, with a 1.7l Ford Puma engine in it...

Was a very nice car, but it needed better brakes - The stock one's weren't so good.