Fastest You've ever been in your car?

When I had my 1996 Nissan Maxima I went 140mph.

With my new car, Acura 3.2 TL 2005, I've yet to go full on it yet, (but will soon) :devil:

Tagged 135 MPH in my Mustang GT when i first got her and broke her in, I had to do it once just to get it out of my system.

Touched into 140 with my (then new) C220 back when I was 18 young and stupid.

Both times on public roads which was very stupid. I'll never do it again unless its on a race track or if I ever make it to the autobahn.

140MPH in my old Corrado G60 on Bruntingthorpe Airfield (and possibly once on the road but that was totally deserted, long straight section of motorway - not that i'm justifying it but just saying I was no danger to others around me!) and then 135MPH just in my 2.0 16v on unrestricted autobahn in Germany two weeks ago!

Not my car, but when I was living in Amsterdam, my friend and I got his dads Benz C230 Sport to 133mph (granted we squeezed out those extra few mph when we were going downhill :p ).

EDIT: This was on the Autobahn on our way to or from (can't remember) the Frankfurt Auto Show.

Actually, it's the person applying lip stick, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio with a cup of coffee in there lap that you have to worry about.

I'd rather see some going a over the speed limit that is alert, watching the road ahead of them, then the majority of drivers I see today who seem to think they have to do everything but drive when they are behind the wheel.

Last time I was on a motorway we were in the middle lane, a guy on the right over took us, then pulled in front of us and went in to the left lane. He was doing this about 80 mph, when he was at the side of us I looked in and he was on the phone, his wife next to us and his small children in the back. He then over took the car in front of us and he was gone.

One day, he'll have an accident and he'll regret it

like 180 mph in a 240sx silvia. that thing was a monster!

That must be quite a modded 240SX...

I've seen 174mph in my Alpina B11 (verified by GPS), been booked for 136.72mph in a 993 Turbo and been a passenger in a 928GTS at 180mph+.

Fastest I've been in a car was in a 2 seat F1 car, which hit close to 200mph, although it was the acceleration and deceleration that really hit home.

155km/h (Or just under 100mph) in my friend's van (I think it's a GMC Safari), he was driving.

Thats in my FORD Focus RS wink.gif

Why is your needle at 240km/h or 150mph and yet the electronic thing says 215.1 or is that your distance travelled

Edited by Kreuger

90mph going over the forth road bridge ( from fife to Edinburgh ) in my Renault Clio 1.2 - was chasing another renault clio, green, he was far faster!

I'm glad some of you are still alive at those speeds! :|

Speed doesn't kill. Its the abrupt stopping that does it!

in my 1.1 ltr ford fiesta i managed to do 90mph but that was downhill.

i did around 110mph in my dad's ford mondeo estate on the M25 after drving back from heathrow. it was mainly to do with me being stuck in a jam for ages and i was finally able to go quickly and everyone else was doing the same too. i didn't try to go any faster.