Fastest You've ever been in your car?

180Kmph.

Hyundai Elentra GT (Instructors car) on Hwy 401

my instructor " you better let off a little bit." :laugh:

225Kmph

00' Acura 3.2 TL

(mother drove me from Grad Party grade 8) on some random street.

Myself (in my Civic) and a guy in a Lancer Evo VIII were following a cop down the freeway at 110mph. He never pulled us over and seemed like he couldn't care less. It was great. Like my own personal traffic-mover :laugh:

I managed to reach 70mph in my '94 Ford Taurus, but that was with the assistance of a hill on the freeway. I don't think I can do 70 via the gas pedal and not lose something.

130MPH in my Ford Focus ST170, say's i can do 135MPH but never topped it out yet. Could hit 140MPH down hill :whistle:

An intresting topic :)

177mph in my 1999 BMW e39 M5 (on a private road ..... of course)

Scary thinking thats three miles a minuet nearly .....

--

Oh and look at my sexy low member id 888!

112 mph in my '06 Audi A3 (I was going to try to hit the speed limited by the speed governor which is 130, but I saw a cop in the third lane on the freeway and started slowing down :p ).

Before the Audi, I used to drive an '01 KIA Sportage (Compact SUV) and I couldn't go faster than 85mph without getting the feeling that the car was about to break into a thousand pieces. :wacko:

120mph in my now junkyard decoration '93 eclipse

175km/h in a 2006 toyota corolla, coming back from Cambridge, ON to London. almost hit 180 but traffic up ahead was coming real quick

wow...how did u get the guts to do that...my girlfriends family bought a corolla...and i drove it from mcmaster (hamilton) to toronto and it was being moved by the wind force at like 150...but the fastest ive been is 225 in my protege...down hill though...on a straight its gotten to about 210 ish (2000 model)

130mph on a public highway. Yeah, I know. :whistle:

My uncle got a new BMW 5 series and was going over the specs with me and it's electronically-limited to 130mph so he said get in. Then we went to the closest highway and wound up hitting a little bit over 130 before the brakes kicked in. Was kinda' freaky :wacko:

130 MPH :rolleyes:

That's not the worst I've ever done though, try 55MPH on a mountain on a bend in the rain... i hydroplaned off the cliff.... luckily the fall wasn't TOO far down. :(

I got quite banged up, my ass ripped apart by my then girlfriend, had to deal with dissappointed sister (my bestest best friend) and well my parents just had NOTHING to say. Literally they didn't talk to me for a whole week :(

Not to mention other unhappy friends.

Edit: the bill for the car.... haha thousands and thousands of dollars. Amazingly it was not totalled, just one scratch away from being totalled. :laugh:

~120MPH. I was with my dad (who was driving) doing a test drive in a new Saab 9-3. I told him to test it on the motorway, as that's where he spends a lot of his time when driving. He had a 8 yr old BMW 325i and he was so used to driving it, he judges his speed by the sound of the car and usually drives about 70-75mph (70 is UK Motorway limit).

So he tested the car by overtaking somebody, the car had no trouble, so he stayed in the fast lane. I looked at the speedo and saw about 120MPH :o , asked my dad what he thought he was doing, he replied 80-85MPH :no: , the car was so quiet and relaxed. He probably would have kept on accelerating if i hadnt told him :laugh: .

We have a Saab 9-3 now and my Dad has had to set a speed warning chime at 75mph, its the only way to know you're actually speeding without looking down.

Yes I agree, but these people aren't travelling at stupid speeds.

What happens is someone is driving to fast and a kid runs out on the road, they not going to have enough time to stop even if they are alert.

Which is why i try my hardest not to speed around town. (i somtimes go 5mph or so over before i notice and slow down)

But on the motorway i may have gone slightly over...

the top speed of a ford ka is about 110 btw :whistle:

If its downhill with the wind behind you that is, other wise its about 90 - 105mph.

130mph, which is about 210kph in my lil '97 VW Polo 1.6 :) its a large engine for such a small/light car (3 door hatchback) which makes it go like the wind if you want it to ;)

That was on a long, straight, wide, closed down road that's used for racing and stuff alot, i don't do those kind of speeds on the roads.

178mph ish(gps speed was nearer 170mph) on the de-restricted Autobahn's in Germany on the way to the nurburg. M3 e46

Just at the point friends in a CSL and Z3 M Coupe seemlessly went past me :angry: :(

Done similar on motorways in the uk once or twice, only at 3am when i'm the only one around.

Is the main limit in the USA really 55. Coming back from Europe to the UK it made 70 seem really slow....

Edited by Denners

130mph on a public highway. Yeah, I know. :whistle:

My uncle got a new BMW 5 series and was going over the specs with me and it's electronically-limited to 130mph so he said get in. Then we went to the closest highway and wound up hitting a little bit over 130 before the brakes kicked in. Was kinda' freaky :wacko:

Brakes aren't used on a speed limiter. It just limits revs or cuts ignition.

My understanding was that all BMWs now had the same limiter speed - 250kph / 155mph (and the one in my 7 series cut in at 170mph+, as verified by the GPS). I know US models had lower limiters in the past, which were easy circumvented by using the European ECU.

Problem with taking small engined cars to the limit, they just never quite sound the same after you do it. I remeber nailing my Saxo VTR past 120MPH once on a deserted stretch of motorway and the engine forever sounded slightly thrashier after that.. it just didn't like the abuse!

Was a cool little car tho :D

336MPH, i died though. im just here now as my last thing i can do before i have to go to heven. goodbye NEOWIN. lol. na i dont know about 130, and thats alot. if the car is light.