Fastest You've ever been in your car?

i reached 220 KMH on mercedes E240 ...it was scary alittle bit in the begianning , but this car is stable like hell , so i really enjoyed it alot ..although i wasnt driving it.

178mph ish(gps speed was nearer 170mph) on the de-restricted Autobahn's in Germany on the way to the nurburg. M3 e46

Just at the point friends in a CSL and Z3 M Coupe seemlessly went past me :angry: :(

Done similar on motorways in the uk once or twice, only at 3am when i'm the only one around.

Is the main limit in the USA really 55. Coming back from Europe to the UK it made 70 seem really slow....

use to be 55, i think 65 is the new normal limit for highways. some roads have been upgraded to 70 or even 75mph, but i think 75mph is the fastest in the usa at the moment. we need an autobahn.

I just started driving couple monthes ago and i did 80 on the bay bridge on my mazda 6. :shiftyninja:

195km/h on 1994 Toyota Celica

230km/h on friend's 1997 Nissan 200SX (turbo)

140km/h on 2005 Toyota Corolla (I don't think I will try to go any faster than that, police everywhere)

You got the fastest out of all of us yet (did some quick conversions and 180 is approximately 290km/h). What did it feel like :p?

Edit: funny how all the fastest speeds that have been posted on here are Nissans. Personaly I really like them I think there great. Dads car is a Infiniti G35x (Nissan owns Infiniti) and me and him both love it :p.

haha gotta love them nissans. my first car, a 90 nissan sentra, got up to 120 mph but it took about 20 minutes to get it up to that speed lol

I did mph 135 on long trip in my 96 maxima. I was supprised that it was even capable of doing that kind of speed. But the slight downhill helped quite a bit im sure.

Indeed. I've seen people eating while talking on their cell phones behind the wheel. I've seen people doing crosswords, reading books, even using a laptop - all while (not) driving the car.

But these people aren't traveling at stupid speeds.

What happens is someone is driving to fast and a kid runs out on the road, they not going to have enough time to stop even if they are alert.

I would rather be hit by someone doing a crossword that is traveling at 60km then someone doing 120km.

For the people on this thread that have boasted about traveling at these stupid speeds you all should have your license taken off you!

210Mph Subaru WRX 2005 LTD

You have to mean 210Kph yeah?

There is no way (unless you replaced the engine, drive shaft, gearing... everything) that the car could do that.

The tires would probably go also.

Maybe it was dropped out of a plane?