Wireless connectivity question.

Question

fookongmick

This happens with me and most of my friends' laptops. What happens is that their laptops will be able to detect the network they want, and when they try to connect to it, they can't connect to it even though previously they could. They what they do (including me), is just off the wireless and turn it back on and then it can connect again. What could be causing this issue?

1 answer to this question

trey.bolinger

This happens with me and most of my friends' laptops. What happens is that their laptops will be able to detect the network they want, and when they try to connect to it, they can't connect to it even though previously they could. They what they do (including me), is just off the wireless and turn it back on and then it can connect again. What could be causing this issue?

If it isn't your network... then the person might have noticed something and done MAC authentication. That is how I do things at my work, and I find it a bit better than WEP encryption because it just denies service like a RADIUS server denying someone from dial-up.