Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2

So it's ok to install ontop even if I wasn't using the last officially released beta? I was using that pre version. Build 11.0.5358.4826, and I think the officially released one was 4827. I doubt it makes a difference but just checking.

WMP11 beta 1 (left) & beta 2 (right):

beta 2:

New icon look: iconuw5.gif

Thank God they got rid of the black line in the tabs! The lighter color fits in much better and doesn't scream "We screwed up coding the tabs!". From the original screenshots, before beta 1, I thought the line was a glitch, but then I tried it...

When I enable the WMP little toolbar thing, how do I disable the box that pops up displaying song information. Everytime I mouse over it the info. pops.up.

So it's ok to install ontop even if I wasn't using the last officially released beta? I was using that pre version. Build 11.0.5358.4826, and I think the officially released one was 4827. I doubt it makes a difference but just checking.

alot of people say to uninstall the other one before installing this one to get alot better reports out of it... But i only went ahead and install overtop... So yeah it's pretty much ok to do so...

When I enable the WMP little toolbar thing, how do I disable the box that pops up displaying song information. Everytime I mouse over it the info. pops.up.

ok your'll see two arrows one going upwards and the other one going downwards in the upper right hand cornor... Just hit the down arrow and that'll close the song info window.

Does anyone know if XPlay 2 will work with this beta? I love that program since I can sync my ipod through windows media player so Im not going to install this if it messes that up at all.

Sweet... I was getting kinda sick of the wmp10 web control look..

Same here. Although this new look really does pop out of the page doesn't it...

You can install right over Beta 1.

do i need to uninstall the previous beta, to install this, or can i simply over-install it

I just reinstalled it over on top and is working fine.

Its great except it messed up my videos in Firefox, they now play in their biggest size in only a tiny window frame, the controls after loading up also dissappear :(