Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 released

gah, why is it always right after I go to do something that a new build is released :p

Anyway, glad that they released it now and not a few hours ago... internet connection was really slow and I was without power for a while due to ernesto :blink:

There is no need for a radical change to have different UI. It's just skin they apply to Windows which is handled by the same code. I think RC1 won't look different then pre RC1, but we might see additional themes :D

Go and install post the screenshots :D

I have fast connection, but 3 (4) reasons to not post screenies

1: I don't have Connect Vista access

2: Recent vista builds (since 5536) check how many RAM you have, and i don't have 512 so it won't let me install

3: Don't have Aero Cap vidcard

(4: desperately waiting for my new pc to drop out of heaven)

[OFFTOPIC]

Watch out you connect-havers. Some people are driving me crazy by asking me if i have Vista Connect and if they could use my Live ID for a while... Thought those where The Hotfixers...[/OFFTOPIC]

Anyone think RTM will be in the 5800 area?

Build numbers, or numbers for operation systems are not important...they are just useless. I dont know why people get so excited about 4 digits for an OS :rolleyes:

Whoops i meant XP 2600.... Srr... Anyway 6000 sounds as they were doing ENDLESS testing, but anyway it sounds more final.