Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 released

freak_power

Using 430MB of RAM with no 3rd party applications installed is seriously ****ed up Windows...

Ixion

boot screen changed? new sounds? new screensavers? media center still loop sound bug during playback? hows UAC? any new marketing or "final touches" features, such as slideshow of new vista features while you wait for install? add fonts dialog upgraded from win3.1 theme?

Same boot screen, don't know about the sounds, still doesn't support my soundcard despite Beta 1 supporting it fine :angry:

.Joa

it's not ram, but pagefile usage I assume :)

Dojomann

someone open the add font dialog lol.

also did the wordpad icon change?

~impuLsive

Using 430MB of RAM with no 3rd party applications installed is seriously ****ed up Windows...

Yeh. I agree. Disabling glass would make it 400-410MB of RAM or so, but glass makes it look nicer so :)

freak_power

This build should be Beta 2...far from being RC1...but i don't care...

ludeboy12

This build should be Beta 2...far from being RC1...but i don't care...

do you have it installed??

any particular reasons as to why you think it should be beta2 and not rc-1??

goreckm

Honestly, why do people care how much RAM windows uses. Personally, I would love to see RAM usage of 100% because that means it's being used for something. Do you people actually realize that the second another program, such as Photoshop or a game needs the RAM, Windows gives it to them. High RAM usage is NOT a bad thing.

lardiop

Does anyone know how to get Daemon Tools working? Thats the one thing stopping me from migrating to Vista.

jordanspringer

i wanna see a screenshot of the install new fonts dialog!!!

goreckm

Does anyone know how to get Daemon Tools working? Thats the one thing stopping me from migrating to Vista.

I don't know about DAEMON Tools, but for me, Virtual Clone Drive works perfectly on 5536.

Dane

Half an hour to its downloaded. Anyone that has free time, does AIM work? lol.

myNando
i wanna see a screenshot of the install new fonts dialog!!!

Calm down, dude. Here's a concept of it to give you a fix.

post-160032-1157145445_thumb.jpg

SionicIon

RC1 has depressed me, and Pre-RC1 also depressed me, they both were basically the same, and beta 2 depressed me also, Vista isn't going anywhere, too bad for the beta 3 idea, Apple has so many more ideas than Microsoft, I wish Microsoft for once would dream, dream us out of this mess of nothing good, its stupid, change the UI a bit, they never changed the UI at all since before beta 2, never, except change it slowly from black to pure glass into pure stable glass with a blue tint and hopefully in the future to a vector based glass, they have to change things a bit like a white taskbar, tune the titlebar button icons, make the titlebars bigger to show off the glass, make the start menu nicer, and much more! :)

Edited by techdude6371
Cool4

I don't know about DAEMON Tools, but for me, Virtual Clone Drive works perfectly on 5536.

In fact Virtual Clonedrive works very well, I prefer it to DT

xelencin

Use version 3.x and not 4.

ludeboy12

RC1 has depressed me, and Pre-RC1 also depressed me, they both were basically the same, and beta 2 depressed me also, Vista isn't going no where, too bad for the beta 3 idea, Apple has so many more ideas than Microsoft, I wish Microsoft for once would dream, dream us out of this mess of nothing good, its stupid, change the UI a bit, they never changed the UI at all since before beta 2, never, except change it slowly from black to pure glass into pure stable glass with a blue tint and hopefully in the future to a vector based glass, they have to change things a bit like a white taskbar, tune the titlebar button icons, make the titlebars bigger to show off the glass, make the start menu nicer, and much more! :)

looks like a double negative there. so ur actually saying vista IS going somewhere. hahaha.

SionicIon

Half an hour to its downloaded. Anyone that has free time, does AIM work? lol.

OMG GET OVER IT! You know how stupid it is hearing you say that, really stupid, first of all, AIM 5.9 is old, and doesn't support Vista's code and thats why it stops during installation, AIM Triton is still in beta and there trying to make there latest builds support Vista's code and thats why they work but AIM 5.9 doesn't work, and anyway, who would want AIM 5.9, I haven't used that in like a year, I started using AIM Triton all the time like after I stopped using AIM 5.9!!

jordanspringer

Calm down, dude. Here's a concept of it to give you a fix.

haha i love it, just whati needed :D

boogerjones

Also, Virtual Clone Drive doesn't require a restart like Daemon Tools does.
+Audioboxer

RC1 has depressed me, and Pre-RC1 also depressed me, they both were basically the same, and beta 2 depressed me also, Vista isn't going no where, too bad for the beta 3 idea, Apple has so many more ideas than Microsoft, I wish Microsoft for once would dream, dream us out of this mess of nothing good, its stupid, change the UI a bit, they never changed the UI at all since before beta 2, never, except change it slowly from black to pure glass into pure stable glass with a blue tint and hopefully in the future to a vector based glass, they have to change things a bit like a white taskbar, tune the titlebar button icons, make the titlebars bigger to show off the glass, make the start menu nicer, and much more! :)

dont worry too much about the GUI right now. thats what we have themers for! luna itself looks like complete crap compared to almost every theme available to xp users!

microsoft dont always produce the best looking products. everyones opinion on vista will be different though. but i for one dont like the way it looks either.

might give this build a go. tried one a while back, felt really bloated though. maybe thats just me comparing it to my nlited xp though....

Dane

OMG GET OVER IT! You know how stupid it is hearing you say that, really stupid, first of all, AIM 5.9 is old, and doesn't support Vista's code and thats why it stops during installation, AIM Triton is still in beta and there trying to make there latest builds support Vista's code and thats why they work but AIM 5.9 doesn't work, and anyway, who would want AIM 5.9, I haven't used that in like a year, I started using AIM Triton all the time like after I stopped using AIM 5.9!!

I bitch about software, you bitch about a magical white taskbar, and vector based gladd like the rest of the people who one person said oooh its coming and made everyone think it was, it doest come and they are ****ed. if it makes you depressed dont ****ing use it. no one is forcing you do. dont like it, dont ****ing use it.

Chicane-UK

Have they fixed that full screen thing where the window border goes black, or is that by design?

jordanspringer

man, for once, can people at least act a bit professional or reasonable?! lol