Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 released

Can we all agree to grow up here? Share your thoughts and keep in mind not everyone will agree. There are rules on this forum and we honestly do not want to have to start enforcing them on anyone in this thread.

Pretty sure that's by design... :/

Hm.. thats somewhat dissapointing. Seems especially odd cause if you switch off glass and full screen it, the window stays the same colour and doesn't go black... seems to be a bit of a contradiction?

Not keen on the black bordering when full screening a window - hope there is a workaround for it!

I bitch about software, you bitch about a magical white taskbar, and vector based gladd like the rest of the people who one person said oooh its coming and made everyone think it was, it doest come and they are ****ed. if it makes you depressed dont ****ing use it. no one is forcing you do. dont like it, dont ****ing use it.

What are you goffic, is Vista goffic, well I'm not and it depresses me with a black ugly taskbar, no I will use the latest there is, and yes it is coming by RTM and no earlier so I never gave people a let down, I told them no worries and its not supposed to come yet, and take a chill pill, stop the swearing, how do you know I was yelling when I was putting that in caps, huh, well I wasn't, I'm so sorry I'm not goffic and swear. :cry:

:angry:

What are you goffic, is Vista goffic, well I'm not and it depresses me with a black ugly taskbar, no I will use the latest there is, and yes it is coming by RTM and no earlier so I never gave people a let down, I told them no worries and its not supposed to come yet, and take a chill pill, stop the swearing, how do you know I was yelling when I was putting that in caps, huh, well I wasn't, I'm so sorry I'm not goffic and swear. :cry:

techdude you need to chill out man.

read the post i made above. dont get depressed over how it looks just now. just think of the themeing possibilities that come along with vista.

and no need to place people into categories like that dude :whistle:

Ah it was bound to be a disappointment after the leaked shots getting everyones hopes up for the white theme.

:(

im pretty sure a white theme could be made with ease.

plus windows xp... blue version was shown just about everywhere but it came with silver/olive. dont forget that ;)

Argh, need to wait for this to go public :(

Techdude: Enough of flaming people who have different views on vista to you. Also, describing the dark taskbar as "goffic" is not only incorrect (in both spelling and meaning) but immature.

SoCo: Is that you mate? The same one from IeX? Not been there for ages!

Argh, need to wait for this to go public :(

Techdude: Enough of flaming people who have different views on vista to you. Also, describing the dark taskbar as "goffic" is not only incorrect (in both spelling and meaning) but immature.

SoCo: Is that you mate? The same one from IeX? Not been there for ages!

Yup its me :)

I help moderate now, but the sites not been that active as of late!

I do remember you though

just in case you thought that was real, it wasnt. hence the check filenames thing at the end. look that the image file name. lol.

oh by then way, this is what happens when you stack 10 windows with aero glass enabled and not having them go all black on ya.

rc1thisistotallyfakeandwhathappenswhenyoustack10windobb9.th.jpg

oh and i fixed the positioning a little and now theres a tiny border round everything and the buttons look more in place.

also since i dont have RC1 i couldn't tell you if they actually changed it.

rc1thisistotallyfakelolrw4.th.jpg

:)

(always remember to check imagenames tho) ;)

For everyone getting excited over this image.... look at the bolded text!

Filename: rc1thisistotallyfakelolrw4.th.jpg

Don't get your hopes up people...

LOL, well hopefully the magical Vector/Diamond/Fantasy Aero Glass that you're so sure is coming by RTM will get rid of all this "goffic" stuff. LOL...Holy I-Need-To-Take-A-Chill-Pill, Batman!

OMG GET OVER IT! You know how stupid it is hearing you say that, really stupid, first of all, AIM 5.9 is old, and doesn't support Vista's code and thats why it stops during installation, AIM Triton is still in beta and there trying to make there latest builds support Vista's code and thats why they work but AIM 5.9 doesn't work, and anyway, who would want AIM 5.9, I haven't used that in like a year, I started using AIM Triton all the time like after I stopped using AIM 5.9!!

Because aim triton sucks, and most people that have a clue still use 5.9 with adhack - and btw the adhack version of aim 5.9 installed fine for me on pre rc1 5536

Is there a forum I can visit where they do more hacking of vista?

I really think some talented members could perhaps find some way to stop the taskbar/sidebar/window going solid upon maximization.