Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 released

I think we all now understand that there isn't much (or any) difference in the UI in RC1, but what about other important things, like drives. Have anyone noticed any new supported hardware, or updated drivers?

^ Nope. Im on XP right now, and If I need to go to Vista, I can do it with a reboot :p.

Excellent. Thanks for the fast reply. I did not want to run into any issues there.

Is there a forum I can visit where they do more hacking of vista?

I really think some talented members could perhaps find some way to stop the taskbar/sidebar/window going solid upon maximization.

I hope so, i hate that black bar, totally blows my Aero experience :no:

^ Nope. Im on XP right now, and If I need to go to Vista, I can do it with a reboot :p.

Same with me but I'm using pre-RC1 until RC1 is released to the public. Haven't experienced any problems whatsoever :)

got it running succesfully on my iMac yay :D

That's good to hear. I was going to fiddle with this on my MacBook Pro for a while.

Also, as far as dual booting on my PC goes, would I just install to my 2nd drive (I've got 2 in this machine) and that's all? I assume it will leave my base install intact and just set up the bootloader with a 2nd entry for Vista, in addition to XP. Have I got it right?

That's good to hear. I was going to fiddle with this on my MacBook Pro for a while.

Also, as far as dual booting on my PC goes, would I just install to my 2nd drive (I've got 2 in this machine) and that's all? I assume it will leave my base install intact and just set up the bootloader with a 2nd entry for Vista, in addition to XP. Have I got it right?

I have two partitions on my HDD. One for XP, one for Vista. It automatically creates a "Windows Vista" entry.

Yup, it will detect XP and add it into the bootloader automatically. :yes:

I thought u cant dual boot with the new vista and xp? koz of the vista boot loader..that's the problem i had with 5536 and the previous build before that.

I have successfully dual booted with all vista/longhorn builds since the PDC03 build...

5600 running here with no problems. Had to replace the stock Marvell Yukon drivers again since they caused tons of timeouts etc.

wow... they've added MORE items to the control panel. (5536 had 49 items. this build has 50 :p)

meh... pondering if i should odnwload this and upgrade my mega-review to RC1 instead of Pre-RC1