Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 released

1025KB/sec from Europe servers. Because the USA servers really sucks, all the time.

25% done so far.

Any new GUI stuff in RC1? New sound?

You suck :p I'm only getting 49.6KB/sec

As far as GUI stuff, from what I've heard there aren't any huge changes. For the most part, this only contains minor UI changes. Mostly performance and stability improvements.

You suck :p I'm only getting 49.6KB/sec

As far as GUI stuff, from what I've heard there aren't any huge changes. For the most part, this only contains minor UI changes. Mostly performance and stability improvements.

correct, only a few minor changes. and no new sounds.

Will the Americans please get off the European servers your making it slow! :laugh:

No! :laugh: Tell them to give us faster servers haha.

So anyway, here's my question... I'm running an nForce4 with 2 SATA II drives in RAID. I haven't used Vista for a while and not since I added these drives. I know I have seen some issues with the RAID drivers and Vista so does anyone know any more information about this? I'm looking to install Vista on the RAID partition if possible. Thanks in advance!

Will the Americans please get off the European servers your making it slow! :laugh:

haha i always use the european servers. why settle for 150k when i can get 900k.

i've been done for hours though so dont worry im not slowing you down any.

No! :laugh: Tell them to give us faster servers haha.

So anyway, here's my question... I'm running an nForce4 with 2 SATA II drives in RAID. I haven't used Vista for a while and not since I added these drives. I know I have seen some issues with the RAID drivers and Vista so does anyone know any more information about this? I'm looking to install Vista on the RAID partition if possible. Thanks in advance!

Wollt Ihr den totalen Krieg?

ok I am a member of connect.. Not a paid member? Where do I find the link to download?

Connect is just Microsoft's Beta Portal website. You have to be a part of the Vista beta program inside of Connect to be able to download the builds.

Connect is just Microsoft's Beta Portal website. You have to be a part of the Vista beta program inside of Connect to be able to download the builds.

ahh thank you. I am a member of the OneCare. Nothing else.. I see there is a invitation ID. Does anyone have a invitation to Vista testing they would like to share?

Anyone requesting links or suggesting means, other than official Microsoft link, of obtaining this will have their post removed and warning level increased

- bangbang023

Anyone requesting links or suggesting means, other than official Microsoft link, of obtaining this will have their post removed and warning level increased

I think your post suggests there are other means of obtaining it. :p

I also hope that in the future companies will learn to embrace technology that can reduce their bandwidth load while ensuring rapid delivery of their software to consumers.

correct, only a few minor changes. and no new sounds.

Isn't the Windows Startup sound new? The one we hear after we have entered login details. I'm sure it was the same as the XP startup sound in 5536

Isn't the Windows Startup sound new? The one we hear after we have entered login details. I'm sure it was the same as the XP startup sound in 5536

Yes the startup sound is new... i hope they're temporary because they're suitable as logoff/logon sounds.
How big are each ISO's now?

X86 - 2.6GB

X64 - 3.7GB

So in this build if you maximize a window the top title bar stays translucent? I think that's a pretty bad design on their part. If i maximize a window it's because I want to focus on the foreground app and see nothing else...not even garbled text or images showing through the top of the screen.

Anyways I'm still really excited to try the build out myself. Is this build pretty much identical to 5536 or have people noticed bug fixes

So in this build if you maximize a window the top title bar stays translucent? I think that's a pretty bad design on their part.

The glass becomes opaque when a window is maximized, and has done this since who knows when.