Xbox360 Networking!

Try it! :)

I attached the 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to the back of the 360 and it works perfectly. So, the front should be the same, no?

as far as i know any xbox360 compatable usb device will work on any of the 360's usb ports.

I think he's asking about attaching some generic USB wireless adapter, not the official Xbox 360 one. I don't think that will work for connecting to Xbox Live, but who knows.

A lot of them will work even if they don't have the "Official Xbox Hardware" seal.

I tried my Microsoft USB adapter MN-510 and it didn't work. Currently, I'm running my 360 to a PC via Ethernet and the PC via the MN-510 to my main PC across the house. I was hoping I could just connect directly to the wireless router but for some reason, the 360 stops giving the USB adapter power after boot. Wierd.

I think it may be to do with the 360 not having a driver for the adapter...

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. My iPod, the Plug n Play cable, and a keyboard all work so it's not the USB port.

Oh well. That 360 adapter is alot of money.

I think it may be to do with the 360 not having a driver for the adapter...

I second that. It most likely is a driver issue. You can't expect the drivers to be on the xbox for all the adaptors out there. The ethernet wireless adaptors work because they act like a bridge and don't require extra drivers.

I second that. It most likely is a driver issue. You can't expect the drivers to be on the xbox for all the adaptors out there. The ethernet wireless adaptors work because they act like a bridge and don't require extra drivers.

I absolutely agree, although, you would expect MS to at least include drivers for their own product :D

The wireless router I have, Microsoft MN-510, is 360 certified on Xbox.com. The USB adapter MN-500, you would think, would work because the router is certified?

If it's certified, it will work. Also, the original Xbox Wireless Adapte is considerably cheaper than the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter and works just fine. I'm using my original Xbox Wireless Adapter for my 360 and no problems here.

You can also use one of the many Linksys Gaming Adapters, other brands also offer similar products.

Edited by magik