Crocodile Man Steve Irwin dead

I can't believe he died :/

I still remember his ESPN commercial where he was stepping into the elevator and he saw the Univ. of Florida mascot (gator) leaving the elevator and he goes after it :laugh:

lol that was a great commercial.

Really sad to know he's gone though. My best wishes go out to him and his family (I heard his wife doesn't even know yet because she's out on some huge nature trek).

Hate to be cold, but, it was almost inevitable. I remeber watching his show, and thinking everytime, "You can only outrun death for so long"

Kind of a weird way to die, but hey, so was Steve.

It was filmed, I am guessing it'll leak to the net.

He had a great journey, the journey he took was one where nobody ever makes it, it was just a matter of time.

lol that was a great commercial.

Really sad to know he's gone though. My best wishes go out to him and his family (I heard his wife doesn't even know yet because she's out on some huge nature trek).

she heard right away actually

Irwin's body was flown to a morgue in Cairns, where stunned family and friends were gathering on Monday night. His wife Terri was informed of her husband's death while on a walking tour in the Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park in Tasmania, and returned via private plane from Devonport to the Sunshine Coast with their two children.

Is there pictures of this? Because he WAS with a CAMERA MAN? :huh:

I don't mean to sound rude or disgusting but I would really like to see this. :huh:

He knew crocodiles and aligators far too well to be killed by one of them. It's the Stingray's defense mechanism that was released the barb involuntarily on Steve. It's like eyelashes that protect our eyes by making it close involuntarily. It's definitely not me deciding "ok something is about to hit me, I'm gonna close my eye!".

I say, we sue the fish.

There was some awesome shows on tonight about him. Animal Planet, CNN, and some others. So depressing.

Well this is to bad for his family. I mean I would hate to die and leave behind a wife and two loving children. But on the bright side of things, at least he will always be remembered for wrestling with crocs and allies. What a way to always be remembered!

Watching the replay of Larry King Live right now before I head off to bed... It is a November 25th 2004 interview with Steve that is being replayed... R.I.P.

When my mum told me about princess diana I just rolled over in bed. But I was actually upset over irwins death. I loved his show and his crazy crazy ways. Everytime i saw one of his programmes channel hopping I just had to watch it through. I will miss you mate!

BRISBANE, Australia (CNN) -- "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, the Australian naturalist killed by a stingray on Monday, was videotaped pulling a poisonous barb from his chest just before he died, according to news reports.

Irwin's manager John Stainton, who was among the television crew on the reef, said the accident was caught on videotape, according to The Associated Press.

He described the footage of his friend dying as "terrible," the AP reported.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone." :|

"That was it. The cameraman had to shut down (after that)," Stainton said.

source

Just wondering why he didn't think of his family and made sure he used full protection.

The video will end up on the net uncensored and tv censored.