Crocodile Man Steve Irwin dead

Hum

:huh: The shocking thing is him pulling out the barb -- which is serated -- pulling it out makes the puncture worse.

And I thought the heart was covered by the breast-bone. Amazing that his heart was pierced.

Asharae

Let me get this straight, did Steve pull the barb out, because your right Hum, pulling it out makes it worse.

shine_victim

must have been a natural reaction to pull th barb out coz if there is one person out there that would know not to pull an object (which has just punctured you)out of the wound I would have thought i was him. Poor guy, gotta feel for his family. Two young children :(

RIP to the (annoying at times, but 99.9% awesome) legend

nexx

Just wondering why he didn't think of his family and made sure he used full protection.

Probably because the last person in Australia killed by a stingray was in 1945? :blink: He's done far more dangerous things.

It's amazing he pulled it out though, after it went through his heart :o

LRoling

He probably pulled it out because it was poisonous, and figured he may have a chance without the poison spreading quickly through his system. He probably did not know it had pierced his heart.

Chris Allen

I find this pretty obvious that it was caught on film, I mean all accounts of the report stated he was filming a documentary. It will only be a matter of time before this hits the internet. Sad for the family, but in all honesty, do you not think he would have wanted people to see?

Kasandoro

I'm sure he had to pull it out...after all, the ray wasn't going to sit still forever. The barb must have gone in under the breastbone. What bad luck.

I, too, hope this video doesn't make it out on the 'net. Would be a horrible thing.

Fred Derf

Just wondering why he didn't think of his family and made sure he used full protection.

The video will end up on the net uncensored and tv censored.

Perhaps you haven't seen Steve Irwin in action. Protection had never been high on his list.

levianthen

It would suck if it got leaked out, I don't know if I'd want to witness that video :(

cyoung1616

Steve may have wanted it to be aired (the Video) seeing as he had always told his camera man if he was being eaten by a croc or shark to keep filming. Weird to some but maybe he thought that seeing what can happen might help someone else from getting hurt, I don't know.

Cody

vincent
RIP to one of the biggest Australian legends ever.

And one of science's biggest legends as well, biology and zooology has lost one of the most active, knowledgable members in their field.

R.I.P Steve, this news has truely saddened me and been thinking about it ever since i knew about this tragedy yesterday.

epple

It will leak and I will watch it.

I'm saddened that he passed away however, I loved his shows and his enthusiasm.

Chad.C

If i were his wife or even friend, I would request that the videotape be burned and all copies destroyed. I for one would not like to see this video on the net. I would rather not my memory of him be tainted by the images of his death..It just doesn't sit right..

redFX

I hope it doesn't find its way to the net... but sadly it will... it's inevitable.

+Dick Montage

I think this SHOULD be kept, but not really made "public". It is technically part of his documentary on how this creature acts, and so is a valid piece of film.

I am REALLY confused though. It's been said that:

1) He died instantly

2) He pulled the barb out

The two don't tally!

Inplode

I sure hope this doesnt find its way on the net. Not what the family need.

sadly so assclown will put it on the net to think there l33t

xp1ode

I dont see how it would be a disrespect to seeing the video of how he died, but i do see how it would be disrespectful to publish the video on the net. I would definetely would see the video if it caught its way on to the net, is not because is entertaining but, it would just leave that much better of an image in my mind of how he struggled to get that thing out of his chest. RIP, he was a great entertainer while at the same time doing what he loved.

quigley0

How long can a StingRay barb get? I imagine that instead of penetrating the breastbone, it could have gone under the sternum and up, if it was long enough.

Very sad, but, I think this was a freak accident. He may have thought there was a chance he'd get stung, but, no one could have imagined that it would have penetrated his heart.

Hum

I am REALLY confused though. It's been said that:

1) He died instantly

2) He pulled the barb out

The two don't tally!

He clearly did not die instantly, since he had time to yank the stinger out.

His heart kept beating until Steve himself ripped a bigger hole by pulling out the barb. The blood would have then leaked into his chest area, until he did not have enuff oxygen to keep him conscious, then he would have passed out, and drowned. :cry:

DaViD_BRaNDoN

I'm sure the filming company would release it as a documentary soon as a way to recognize his efforts and stuff

_sphinx_

OMG OMG OMG That's horrible. I've never been that socked in my entire life....I was coming here to post it, but...OMG, I was petrified when I read the headline on Yahoo news. RIP steve, you were and will always be one of the most respected documentary makers I've ever had the pleasure of watching on AP.

REMOVED

Then why the **** post it?

Please remove it at once.

Whoever did that is probably a sadistic sick ******.

hotdog666al

REMOVED

:no:

DirtyLarry

No need for the tasteless images. Thread Cleaned.

Dirty Larry