Crocodile Man Steve Irwin dead

_sphinx_

I don't think I want to see that. Although I was a bit curious to know how a sting ray could possibly kill someone, I just can't watch that.

Kupo-Cheer

Everyone seems so curious as to why he pulled the barb out. I'm pretty sure that he wasn't thinking clearly when he realized he had a stinger through his heart. He probably paniced, which I'm sure anyone would do in that situation. By leaving it in, the poison at the very least would have killed him anyway, not to mention the internal bleeding (although I guess that would be worsened with the stinger taken out) and the fact that there is now a hole in your heart.

_sphinx_

No need for the tasteless images. Thread Cleaned.

Dirty Larry

thank you.

Sethos

Why the hell do people keep posting these god damn images? It's so freaking lame!

Yeah, thank you Larry (Y)

RadishTM

Shame for this to happen, but it was inevitable due to the nature of his job :/

R.I.P

Radish?

_sphinx_

Everyone seems so curious as to why he pulled the barb out. I'm pretty sure that he wasn't thinking clearly when he realized he had a stinger through his heart. He probably paniced, which I'm sure anyone would do in that situation. By leaving it in, the poison at the very least would have killed him anyway, not to mention the internal bleeding (although I guess that would be worsened with the stinger taken out) and the fact that there is now a hole in your heart.

Indeed.

In any case, the man's dead....HE DIEDA LEGEND.

RIP croc hunter. If anything, you were one of the very few people I truly admired (and still do) in this cruel world we live in.

JorgeIvan

I still cant believe it :cry:

ShiFteDReaLitY

:| The whole world is at a big loss with the loss of steve :(

primexx

I dont get the people who are wishing the film not be released. like wtf? Wouldent you want to see it? It's a documentary isnt it? And I mean, it's not like he requested film of his death to be destroyed or anything, he said to go ahead and shoot him dye. So what problems are there?

Bamsebjørn

"If something ever happens to me, people are gonna be like 'we knew a croc would get him!'"

:no:

I've been sad about this since I heard about it. What a way to go. I'll miss Steve Irwin. He was on my list of people I'd really love to meet some day in my life.

gertin

I think this SHOULD be kept, but not really made "public". It is technically part of his documentary on how this creature acts, and so is a valid piece of film.

I am REALLY confused though. It's been said that:

1) He died instantly

2) He pulled the barb out

The two don't tally!

I think he died instantly after pulling the barb out.

Yusuf M.

It is in my utmost opinion that the barb acted as a cork to prevent massive internal bleeding in his heart. By pulling out the barb, which I'm sure was an instinctive reaction, he caused unoxygenated blood to fill his heart and lungs. This sudden trauma to the body caused him to go unconscious. I'm guessing his lungs soaked up all the blood and failed to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. I think it was a fast death instead of an instant death. I'm glad he went unconscious... it saved him from feeling a great deal of pain.

dreamz

threads merged

sad news.

Neztea

It is in my utmost opinion that the barb acted as a cork to prevent massive internal bleeding in his heart. By pulling out the barb, which I'm sure was an instinctive reaction, he caused unoxygenated blood to fill his heart and lungs. This sudden trauma to the body caused him to go unconscious. I'm guessing his lungs soaked up all the blood and failed to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. I think it was a fast death instead of an instant death. I'm glad he went unconscious... it saved him from feeling a great deal of pain.

or More or less when his chest and his heart got pierced, his heart most likely instantaneously stopped beating, which he probably have a few seconds before he would die, so he pulled it out. It would seem that also that if the heart was bleeding out, it wouldn't go into the lungs (hence the lungs already has blood for the oxygen - carbon exchange) but probably into the pleura's and into the mediastinum (spaces within the thoracic cage)....the chest area and die like that.

But more or less.. I'm putting my money on instant heart death..

but furthermore......RIP Steve Irwin, you made reptiles awesome to me....mate... :)

Neztea

kombolcha

:( i loved watching him when i was young.. dang.

i heard it this morning on the radio.. shocking.

reveek

I find this pretty obvious that it was caught on film, I mean all accounts of the report stated he was filming a documentary. It will only be a matter of time before this hits the internet. Sad for the family, but in all honesty, do you not think he would have wanted people to see?

Actually, i found this a few places, and thought i'd share if someone hasn't already.

He said on Conan that he told the cameramen "If I am ever attacked and killed keep rolling the cameras." ....Now thats T.V.

DELTETHISACCOUNT

Then why the **** post it?

Please remove it at once.

Whoever did that is probably a sadistic sick ******.

I posted it as a link so that you could click it at your own risk. I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic in any way. I didn't post it to lighten anyone up. I was just trying to show that there are sad, stupid people out there doing this ****.

I didn't expect it to be taken this way. I was hoping that you could be a bit mature about it and just acknowledge it, I guess it was a mistake. I apologize to anybody that I offended with that picture. I didn't even acknowledge that I was posting something 'tasteless' when I posted it.

Again, sorry.

Edited by Ruiz

KoL

OMG I cant believe this :o This is sad :(

I loved the man :(

illicit

This is really sad news.

RIP :(

Martyn

Irwin 'wanted no state funeral'

The father of Australian "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin has spoken out against a state funeral for his late son being offered by the government.

Bob Irwin said the popular naturalist had been an "ordinary bloke" and would not have wanted a grand funeral.

However, Mr Irwin added that the final decision on the matter would be made by Steve's widow Terri.

The TV star died on Monday in a stingray attack while filming sea creatures off the Australian coast.

Speaking to reporters outside his son's zoo in the north-eastern state of Queensland on Wednesday, Bob Irwin thanked all those who have been paying their respects.

But he made clear that if it had been up to his son, a state funeral would have been refused.

"He's just an ordinary bloke, and he wants to be remembered as an ordinary bloke," Mr Irwin said.

Australian PM John Howard and other leaders have said Mr Irwin can have a state funeral if his family requests one.

So far Terri Irwin has not responded to the offer. On Tuesday she spoke briefly over the public address system at the zoo.

"It was very brief. She was very choked up," a zoo spokesman quoted by the Associated Press news agency said.

The spokesman said Ms Irwin thanked the staff for their support.

Zoo workers have been astounded by the number of messages and condolences they have received and the entrance to the zoo is now said to resemble an impromptu shrine.

"We are still in shock, but it's great to see so many people coming to show their support," a zoo spokeswoman told the AFP news agency.

"It's incredible the impact that Steve had on people's lives around the world," she said.

One of the notes left by mourners at the zoo read: "Crikey! We will miss you" - echoing the exclamation Mr Irwin would utter when confronting dangerous wild animals on camera.

Mr Irwin was regarded by many Australians as a national treasure and as news of his death broke, news websites across the country found it difficult to cope with the demand for information.

Meanwhile his manager has said film footage of the ebullient TV naturalist's final moments should never be shown.

The tape was currently in police custody and should be destroyed, John Stainton told the CNN television network.

The tape apparently shows Mr Irwin pulling the barb left by a stingray's tail from his chest moments before his death.

"It should be destroyed," Mr Stainton said. "When that (tape) is finally released it will never see the light of day, ever.

"I actually saw it and I don't want to see it again," he said.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5318806.stm

Irwin told everyone that if he was killed he would wan't it filmed and released, so I find it stupid that they are going against his wishes now.

I am still really gutted about his death :cry:.

Nashy

You people wanting this film released are sick.

Just because he said he wanted it released, doesn't mean the people around him have to see what happened to their father, husband, son and good mate.

The wishes of the people who actually have to deal with this, are far more important at this stage.

kombolcha

i too want to see the film.. i'm not the only one. i don't care what anyone thinks.

also the Discovery channel is has done a tribute commercial to him, it's pretty nice.