Crocodile Man Steve Irwin dead

Martyn

You people wanting this film released are sick.

Just because he said he wanted it released, doesn't mean the people around him have to see what happened to their father, husband, son and good mate.

The wishes of the people who actually have to deal with this, are far more important at this stage.

No I am not sick. He obviously discussed the issue with his family sometime, and he himself anticipated he would be killed by a crocodile and he would still want the footage released.

To be honest, I don't even know if I could watch it. I just think his wishes should be respected.

Alien Spy

Steve Irwin has done more good than I'll ever be able to do. I would have glady traded spaces with him that unfortunate day.

I think the tape should be released, but not the whole thing. Steve would have wanted people to see the attack and what happened. Him dying in front of the camera should definatly not be released.

Martyn
Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin's funeral will be held privately within seven days, his father has revealed.

Bob Irwin has confirmed the family has turned down the offer of a state funeral for the television star.

In a short statement to media at the family's Australia Zoo reptile park, Bob Irwin said his son's funeral would be in private at an undisclosed location.

Advertisement Advertisement

But he said there would be a public memorial service within two weeks.

Irwin died when the stingray lashed out with its tail, hitting him in the chest with its poisonous barb.

His friend and manager John Stainton has seen footage of the incident, but said it should be destroyed once police had viewed it as part of their inquest.

"It should be destroyed," he told CNN's Larry King. "I actually saw it, but I don't want to see it again."

kombolcha

ok, that john stainton is really ****ing me off now.. who the hell is he to make that decision?

gaurav

May he rest in peace. He was a great guy.

And to hell with that footage.

Kev1n

Do you guys have a link to the source which stated Steve wanted the video to be released?

Nashy

He was a legend. So was Peter Brock.

Australia is in mourning, we have just lost two very loved icons. This place won't be the same again.

Edit: I'm also extrememly disgusted that the name is spelt wrong.

Nashy
ok, that john stainton is really ****ing me off now.. who the hell is he to make that decision?

Umm.. he's a human.

He's a friend.

He's a manager.

He's a family man.

His family should never have to see it. It shouldn't be released.

piggger

For me Steve Irwin was one of the greatest TV stars of all time. So great to watch and always full of happiness. RIP Steve

Fred Derf

[Posts Moved Here]

kombolcha

Umm.. he's a human.

He's a friend.

He's a manager.

He's a family man.

His family should never have to see it. It shouldn't be released.

good for him, but it's Steve's decision and he'd already made his decision before his death. if they dont want to see it, it's as easy as not looking for it.

hopefully there's someone out there that'll leak this video.. there always is.

PiracyX

I am so sorry for him to go :no: He was truly an icon for AUS and a amazing man.

RIP

Xell0s-

May he rest in peace. He was a great guy.

And to hell with that footage.

x2

Do you guys have a link to the source which stated Steve wanted the video to be released?

x2

levianthen

good for him, but it's Steve's decision and he'd already made his decision before his death. if they dont want to see it, it's as easy as not looking for it.

He's a close friend and I think he's right about the situation comepletly. Irwin is insane for saying he would want a video of a crocodile eating him broadcasted, he could have been kidding, and for right now, it should be all up to his family and most of all, his wife.

Rowain

There is a video which some people are claiming to be the one where Steve is killed, but it's very unclear and could easily be a fake.

<snip>

/me waits for flames

Edited by John S.

idoia

^^ theres nothing to see there, just three guys playing with a stingray, and then... nothing happens

Martyn

Apparently his funeral has taken place.

The funeral for Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter - has taken place.

Steve's family and friends attended a small service, and it's thought he's going to be buried at his zoo.

The Australian government offered to give him a very big funeral, but his family refused as they didn't think he would have wanted one.

One of Steve's close friends, John Stainton, said a service would be held for members of the public to remember the adventurous animal expert.

It's thought that a statue of the Crocodile Hunter will be put up at the Australia Zoo in Queensland which Steve ran with his family.

Lots of people have donated cash to Wildlife Warriors, Steve's charity.

People have also been leaving flowers and messages for him outside his zoo.

I was just watching "Steve's Story", he really was an incredible man. I am still deepy saddened by his death.

Azcobain

Theres no offical word that the funeral has taken place yet though all the news programs are stating that there could have been a funeral yesterday.

There is a video which some people are claiming to be the one where Steve is killed, but it's very unclear and could easily be a fake.

<snip>

/me waits for flames

I doubt it's the video, if I'm not wrong the police still have the video.

Edited by John S.

ComputerJunkie

Poor Steve I really liked watching him, my heart goes out to his family... :(

kombolcha

i've been watching the animal planet's marathon all day... i like the tribute commercials they have for him.

but ****, i came here to comment about something else and now i forgot what it was. :pinch:

dead.cell

There's just some people you'd count on to be there forever. Steve was one of them. :\

Nashy

Funeral was Saturday. He's been laid to rest at Australia Zoo.

Public ceremony will be held this week, probably at Suncorp Stadium.

SamNeeds

R.I.P Steve

AkFuttySeben

Question here but did the crocodile hunter ever screen in Australia? I never saw it on TV...

accesser

Question here but did the crocodile hunter ever screen in Australia? I never saw it on TV...

Yes we have had it on TV I dont think it was always prime time

Funeral was Saturday. He's been laid to rest at Australia Zoo.

Public ceremony will be held this week, probably at Suncorp Stadium.

Missed the news about that thanks (Y)