[pc case] Thermaltake Aguila

Jon 5

That is a pretty tight case man. And you take very nice pictures.

mrk

Thanks guys! I got my akasa case fans from the net (savastore) but you can also pick them up from pc worl for the same price (?6 each!)

planetik

Good job... and great pics. Rated it a 5 (Y)

Echilon

Careful with that top door. Mine snapped of within five minutes of my assembling the parts :(

Premgenius

Nice review, your photo skills still rock your still the person i'll contact for photo tips, nice guy and nice reviews. Haveing been looking to replace my case for a while now.

mrk

Hey no problems at all!

Echilon what top door did you mean? the top usb ports door bit?

Premgenius

How silent are the stock 120mm over the 80mm? How many 80mm fans did you have?

mrk

lo, It comes with no 80mm fans only 120mm x2 - the only 80mm have is the cpu cooler which is fairly silent anyway :) You won't notice the pc over daily ambient noise anyway but I can record a dv video for you if you'd l;ike and upload it to show noise

Premgenius
lo, It comes with no 80mm fans only 120mm x2 - the only 80mm have is the cpu cooler which is fairly silent anyway :) You won't notice the pc over daily ambient noise anyway but I can record a dv video for you if you'd l;ike and upload it to show noise
I'd rellay grateful if you could
mrk

I'd rellay grateful if you could

Here you go, as you can see it is no different noticably than ambient noise around the house!

http://www.fixit-4u.net/mrk/root/videos/pc_case_ambience.wmv

I loaded up CS:S near teh end so you can hear the slight gain in noise when the gfx card fan throttles up. It's not easy to tell the difference that much because the mics on my camera are stereo and tend to pick up some ambient hiss too

Premgenius

Here you go, as you can see it is no different noticably than ambient noise around the house!

http://www.fixit-4u.net/mrk/root/videos/pc_case_ambience.wmv

I loaded up CS:S near teh end so you can hear the slight gain in noise when the gfx card fan throttles up. It's not easy to tell the difference that much because the mics on my camera are stereo and tend to pick up some ambient hiss too

Thanks
1WayJonny

cool man i hope you enjoy your stuff

Shuu

sounds pimpin. i want one.

Arkaic

I want :)

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

yea dont really care for the swing out feet, add's to case width, and imho doesnt look as nice as the bottom rubber nub's, other then that i might replace my PC-60 with one of these.

i wish my room had a glow.

nice review. not too fond of the feet tho.

mrk

I found the feet adds to stability too, with the feet folded in the tower can wobble if it is knocked but with the feet out it is much more rigid if it is knocked - this is quite important at lan events or if you have kids in the house :)

MasterC

Nice pics, case, and review! :p

dpanda

oh man i wish i know how to fix something like that up. looks sweet.

mrk

it's not too hard mate :D just need some time :)

mrk

Post your thoughts when it comes!

dropscience

I am getting a new bed, desk, and speakers all at about the same time, so I will post pics on HWH

callum.nz

Dude that is v awesome man gj, i am looking for a caser atm and ill note this down ;)

• 3 weeks later...
mrk

Just a quick update, this is the amount of dust you can expect over a few weeks in a relatively dust free room!

pc_case_dust.jpg

Sethos

You should see my case in a relatively dusty room :laugh: