Question

Hi,

I need a professional looking logo for a guitar software package called "Anti-Pentatonic Improvisation"

I dont know if 'logo' or 'header' is the right phrase, but something about 300x200 - the shape does not matter as such so 400x100 is Ok i am more talking about the size if anything. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, just do your best and i will comment on the entries as we go! Your logo should look:

- professional

- stylish/cool

thats all! I'll have to see which direction the entries go before i can comment any further.

Thanks

Edited by badger face

Dont really know what you mean by format - file type? Anything really.

I want it to look professional and stylish - that's the only limitations so far! I have no 'vague idea in my head' so really anything that grabs my eye. Be creative!

Also, i forgot to mention, time is kinda an issue - there is no deadline as such, but the sooner the better, so i am likely to accept the best logo after 2 or 3 days, if there is a few good ones.

Hi,

Sorry yes please, text.

I think a HEADER is probably what i am looking for, i am unsure of the defination of header/logo. I basically want it to sit at the top of an advert and on the front page of a book.

What would be cool is if, somehow, the text had some kind of funky design/graphic that was kinda like a trademark, so you could then make a much smaller, 50x100 sorta size mini-logo. What i mean by that is, like how the windows logo incorporates the 4 coloured window, something like that where i could then use the '4-colour window' without the bulk of the logo/header. Then i could use this for a kinda sub-title of my advert. I would of course pay a little extra for the mini-graphic to go with it, say, ?35/$65 in total.

If what i just said makes no sense to you at all, just ignore it! it is just an idea so i could have a main header and also a kinda brand-recognition mini-icon (based on the main graphic)

Edited by badger face

Hey, not a bad effort!

Although, it's not quite what i am after - the text is a bit hard to read with the notes behind it, not keen on the font, and i think it needs to be free from a box-like containment, rather than having an image/background which is cut off at the edge - I don't really want it to look like a perfect oblong as such.

Tell u what guys, if you go to ebay.co.uk and search 'learn to shred' you will see another item i sell that has a logo right at the top that was designed by a member here. This is great because it doesnt have edges as such, looks professional, yet pretty cool at the same time. So use this for inspiration if you want! But colour would be preferred, pref blue/green.

I shud have said all this before sorry

Hi,

Errr.. I don't like the font, its not very smart looking - also its going off the edges which as i said b4 i dont really think is right for this. It needs to be a complete image

Thanks for tryin tho

OK that's pretty cool, only 1 major problem is the musical note, as there is no musical notation in the guide and i wouldn't want to scare people off by suggesting they need to be able to read music to use the guide.

It might be fine without it, but it might look a bit empty, i dont know ?

dont mean to be the one but, is that one of those "royally free" images? if so you need to give credit back to istockphoto or whomever you got it from, because they actually are not quite royally free :|..

its stated in their license agreement. Just cause they say it's royalty free there are always some sort of

loop hole that causes image use to fall in the grey area of the law of copyright.

Here is the link to istockphoto.com liscense page;

http://www.istockphoto.com/license.php

Also read here about Royalty Free;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalty_free

and about Copyrights;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

You can learn alot about copyright and royalty free rules and laws online

dont mean to be the one but, is that one of those "royally free" images? if so you need to give credit back to istockphoto or whomever you got it from, because they actually are not quite royally free :|..

Thanks for your concern, but I'm hyper-aware of copyright laws and usage of images. The site where I get my photos is user uploaded.....and I only use photos from users who don't require you to get their permission.

Taken right from the site:

6. Are these photos really free?

Yes, they are free! In some cases you may need to notify the photographers about using the photos and sometimes you need to credit them. You can see these restrictions under the photo previews, right next to the Download button.

7. Can I use these photos for this and this purpose?

You can use the photos for almost anything. Of course, there are some no-no's and restrictions. Please check the corresponding part of the Image license Agreement.

and from the Image license Agreement:

You may use the Image

* In digital format on websites, multimedia presentations, broadcast film and video, cell phones.

* In printed promotional materials, magazines, newspapers, books, brochures, flyers, CD/DVD covers, etc.

* Along with your corporate identity on business cards, letterhead, etc.

* To decorate your home, your office or any public place.

So, I hope you like this, I think it came out really well and it's all vector so you can make it as big as you want :).

Lemme know what you think :cool:

antipentanticimprovisation.gif

You can have it any color scheme, and I can change anything you like/don't like so gimmie some feedback.

Cheers!

-Dillon