PS3 will not reach Europe until March

What a surprise... Sony didn't deliver on one of their promises. :rolleyes:

Now it's pretty much definite that Sony has lost the European market, with AAA quality games coming out for the Xbox 360, especially Halo 3 being a possibility before Sony even launches in Europe, I really don't see how Sony can compete. It seems that the competition is pretty much between Microsoft and Nintendo. We'll see how much parents want to spend this Christmas. Sony does, however, have Japan on lock pretty much, but the competition there is mainly between Sony and Nintendo, but I really don't see how Sony can lose that market. The competition between the three is in the US, however, with the Xbox 360 seeming to have more and more momentum in that race.

You couldn't be any more wrong. Xbox360s are pretty much stalled in Europe at this point, it's not like a PS3 delay is going to cause droves of people to go out and purchase Xbox360s. Sony won't control Japan, Nintendo will fill the void in Japan during the holiday season between the Wii and DS. Sony will have a hell of a fight getting Japan back from Nintendo if they even can. Sony will have to battle MS for the NA market, but are probably more concerned with Toshiba in NA due to the fact they are trying to get blu-ray out to the masses and the PS3 was their trojan horse. Other divisions like their entertainment division and the division that manufactures blu-ray players have alot riding on the PS3. Edited by Flux Capacitor

oooo from spring... to november now to next spring ... lmfao ... sony really screwed up this time , and again europe suffers just as it did with the psp, maybe this will be sonys downfall in europe. Glad i imported my psp, i dont think i will do the same for the PS3... its not worth it. It shouldnt release at the rediculous high price point if it is released in march ... regardless or blu-ray or cell. Like ive said in the past, europe always gets bummed ;)

What else are we meant to do? Seriously?

Well first off. It looks stupid when you post a big 360 pic, then smiley faces below that serve no purpose to the argument. You might as well say, 360 ROCKS OMG IM THE HUGEST FANBOY OF THEM ALL. Cause it looks that stupid. Seriously. Sorry, I just don't understand the blantant fanboyism littered throughout this thread. It's pretty riduculous to read actually.

What a surprise... Sony didn't deliver on one of their promises. :rolleyes:

Please explain how MS is any better. Look at feature stripped late to ship Vista. Also, wasn't Halo 3 supposed to be out when PS3 launches. Oh wait, they get a free pass though cause of your undying love to everything MS.

Just because Sony delayed the PS3 doesnt mean its not a good console.

Seeing as the thing isn't out, there's no reason to believe it's a good console either. time will tell.

Yeah its weird how all these people are bashing the PS3 and they never have played it LOL!

Yes, that is weird, but what is just as weird is that someone would defend the PS3 when they have never played it. What's even weirder is that someone would join a club of like minded weirdos to go around the internet trying to defend a massive corporation that has consistently lied to their customers for ten years.

er, "LOL!".

Ok if you read my earlier post, I am clearly p***ed off.

But how can people turn this around and say Sony is lying as usual?? That makes no sense. If they physically cannot manufacture enough, what are they supposed to do?

Well first off. It looks stupid when you post a big 360 pic, then smiley faces below that serve no purpose to the argument. You might as well say, 360 ROCKS OMG IM THE HUGEST FANBOY OF THEM ALL. Cause it looks that stupid. Seriously. Sorry, I just don't understand the blantant fanboyism littered throughout this thread. It's pretty riduculous to read actually.

Please explain how MS is any better. Look at feature stripped late to ship Vista. Also, wasn't Halo 3 supposed to be out when PS3 launches. Oh wait, they get a free pass though cause of your undying love to everything MS.

Thats is what I am trying to say. Stuff like that has nothing to do with the topic at all. :cry:

But how can people turn this around and say Sony is lying as usual?? That makes no sense. If they physically cannot manufacture enough, what are they supposed to do?

They kept saying world wide release date up until late august and it was quite obvious that they weren't

If you didn't realise, I was talking about Australia, they didn't launch 360 here until March this year, exact same as what Sony are doing now.

How much is the Australian gaming market percentage wise, not much I guess. Targetting three big markets first is the logical choice to make more money.

Because they are. First it was the Spring 2006 launch. Then came the "Uh oh we will launch in November 2006" and now this.

Besides the biggest point of them all which no one has even brought up here (I think). Sony is a hardware manufacturer unlike Microsoft (which is mainly software), so if they cant even match Microsoft there is something seriously wrong going on behind the scenes.

In cases like this I just love Nintendo's approach.

LOLOLOL :rofl: :laugh: :devil: :p :woot: :wacko: :rolleyes: :blink: :angry:

Sony is making such an ass of themselves!

?425 price tag!

Doesn't meet E3:05 pre-rendered footage!

Doesn't include E3:05 features!

Doesn't include a HDMI cable in the box!

Forces consumers towards BD! (okay, so not necessarily a bad thing)

And now this...doesn't that mean that, altogether it's now been delayed one whole year?

But this comment stood out to me...

Yeah, because competition is bad...

:yes:: Very well said! Competition is good! Look at the Space Race! If it wasn't for having competition, I think things would have gone a LOT slower. Where does a runner set his best times, on his own or against others?

Against others. It's natural instinct.

Now, think about if there was one console. Sure, game trading would be easier, bigger games library, but you would be locked to one company's vision and ideas! It is unlike the HD war, because there will be thousands of players out there, which will vary. So, unless that one console went the way of the GameCube and allowed other companies make GameCube players, then it would be bad. And even if that did happen, there would be no incentive to improve, as there would be no competition.

But, back on topic, Sony really have buggered up, and they may well end up losing Europe.

PSP, anyone?

Because they lied saying it would be a worldwide launch, then they lied saying it would be 4 million consoles by end of the year.

All Sony do is overestimate and overhype things

Sony suck, period. They never do what they say, they never do anything on time, whenever they release something it's always rubbish.

I've got my 360 and intend on getting a Wii.

Ps3 and its price tag, what a joke!

Because they lied saying it would be a worldwide launch, then they lied saying it would be 4 million consoles by end of the year.

All Sony do is overestimate and overhype things

That's actually so true.

There's nothing that's really unexpected - Bar a couple exceptions, every console and handheld in the past 20 years has been released in Japan and takes months to make its way to North America and then Europe.

However, it does mean that they can kiss Christmas in Europe goodbye - The PS3 was their gambit for this holiday season, and with it not reaching the continent it pretty much means they're defaulting on the PS2 & PSP (which while they may have a salvo of games for the Christmas season, won't be as much as they usually dedicate to their flagship console).

In contrast, there's the Xbox 360 which will be more matured than it was last year, and the launch of the Wii which is likely to generate some fanfare.

There's nothing that's really unexpected - Bar a couple exceptions, every console and handheld in the past 20 years has been released in Japan and takes months to make its way to North America and then Europe.

However, it does mean that they can kiss Christmas in Europe goodbye - The PS3 was their gambit for this holiday season, and with it not reaching the continent it pretty much means they're defaulting on the PS2 & PSP (which while they may have a salvo of games for the Christmas season, won't be as much as they usually dedicate to their flagship console).

In contrast, there's the Xbox 360 which will be more matured than it was last year, and the launch of the Wii which is likely to generate some fanfare.

Hmm. The DS Lite was released in March, though, and has recieved booming sales.

You couldn't be any more wrong. Xbox360s are pretty much stalled in Europe at this point, it's not like a PS3 delay is going to cause droves of people to go out and purchase Xbox360s. Sony won't control Japan, Nintendo will fill the void in Japan during the holiday season between the Wii and DS. Sony will have a hell of a fight getting Japan back from Nintendo if they even can. Sony will have to battle MS for the NA market, but are probably more concerned with Toshiba in NA due to the fact they are trying to get blu-ray out to the masses and the PS3 was their trojan horse. Other divisions like their entertainment division and the division that manufactures blu-ray players have alot riding on the PS3.
As I've said before, of course there are going to be some people that will buy anything with a Sony name on it because of the past, not the future. However, there are a lot of average people out there that, sure, they think of the Playstation name when they think of a game console, but they were planning on buying something for Christmas this year. When that something is not available, they'll start looking for alternatives. If you think that a PS3 delay is not going to help XBox sales, you are naive.

Exactly...it's overestimation not lying...
But even if you go with the overestimation, it's kind of like the little boy that cried wolf. How many times will you keep believing the overestimation that Sony keeps doing? They overestimate with the game graphics, they overestimate with the console's hardware, they overestimate the launch date not once, but twice, they overestimate the launch number. They're overestimating how long the public will keep putting up with this crap. Edited by Ironman273

Sony suck, period. They never do what they say, they never do anything on time, whenever they release something it's always rubbish.

I've got my 360 and intend on getting a Wii.

Ps3 and its price tag, what a joke!

Yah, sony always lying about their release date and promising features that they don't deliver on. Way to get a 360, Microsoft would never do anything like that. Right now I'm typing this under the final version of Vista with all of the included features that MS promised would be included.