.eml Virus

I keep getting notices on my computer that say, Virus in C:/Program Files/Raven/happy halloween.eml (this is just an example, it is random dirs with .eml files that don't exist. Then it either says access denied or could not fix file. I am using Nav 2002 Pro (upgrading to 2003 soon) and any help with this would be great.

There is nothing better than a second opinion, download AVG for free (www.grisoft.com) and let it scan ur disks.

(If you cant find the registration number you need, do a newsgroup search on google for AVG registration, it is the same code given to everyone using the free version).

Doesn't it give info on the particular virus in question? If it does, use google to find some info on that virus, learn about how it behaves, and u will normally find a 'how to clean' section at the bottom of the pages.

Also try turning heuristic scanning off (I believe its called bloodhound or sumfin similar in (bloated) norton av products).

Good luck.

Edit: sorry I didnt say why I'd try turning heuristics off. They look for 'virus like behavour' (htf do u spell that word!!!!), and its quite common to see 'false positives', where a file/program is flagged as a virus when it isn't.