[Competition] Need a Logo $50

Question

My brother-in-law starting a new company in a couple months, he has been trying to come up with a logo for a while but to be honest it is very hard when you are doing it for yourself, I told him about how good you guys are and yet he is sceptical.

Please don't let me down, the competition will run for about 14 days or until I decide there is enough entries. I will relay the information he gives me, hopefully he will join.

Company name: Car Mods 'n' Quads

Colours: Your choice

Briefing: Basically do what ever you need to do however sometimes the simpler is the better, we will leave it completely up to you guys to do whatever you can do and we will be as honest as we can during the time.

It may seem obvious what they are going to do as the company but they will be selling a lot of stuff like neons, stereos and other stuff relating to modifying cars, as well as quad bikes and stuff relating to them if this helps your design thoughts.

Please, I know several of you will come up with something special.

The money can be paid via PayPal, or perhaps some other means can be arranged.

Hmm, well to be honest this will be hard for anyone..

im just thinking out loud but here are the problems im encountering:

Name of business:

Car mods 'n' Quads, sounds nice n catchy but its unbalanced for a logo, one part of the name says car mods but another says quads, so for a logo there will have to be multiple things being shown, you cant have a Quad and some car mod parts in it or they will think its primarily a quad selling company.

i can be totally wrong, i haven’t had much time to think about it so there most likely are some great ideas out there..

But for me i see Car Mods 'N' Quads sounds more like the tagline to a business name..

Example:

Company name: 4WD

Tagline: Car Mods 'n' Quads

So thats my 2c..

Well that can be done but, the main point i was trying to show is that, for a clean and simple logo, not a header but a logo it would be hard to show both of those things in one design, one would show way more than the other.

Will he primarily sell ATV's?

here's a quick one :) i went with my instinct on plain, but i would be interested to know if it is verging on boring (design wise) in your opinion Steve! . If you have any pointers on how it could be edited, please get back to me! Also, any constructive feedback welcome.

3.png

- So I've got 5 different styles here. Lemme know what you think. and what you like/don't like. If is one or if there are a couple that you like paticularly let me know and I will build a few more variations of that one style. Also if there isn't anything you'd like to add/change just lemme know, it's your logo :). Please note that also upon delivery of any logo the the actuall resolution of these images are huge so that you may use taht at ease for any commercial use (ie, banners, ads, etc...)

1. cmq1.gif

2. cmq2.gif

3. cmq3.gif

4. cmq4.gif

5. cmq5.gif

Let me know what you think. :cool:

Cheers!

-Dillon

My server went down and for some reason it wont let me edit my last post, so sorry for a "re-post" but here are those images. (working).

1. cmq1.gif

2. cmq2.gif

3. cmq3.gif

4. cmq4.gif

5. cmq5.gif

Cheers!

-Dillon

- So I've got 5 different styles here. Lemme know what you think. and what you like/don't like. If is one or if there are a couple that you like paticularly let me know and I will build a few more variations of that one style. Also if there isn't anything you'd like to add/change just lemme know, it's your logo :). Please note that also upon delivery of any logo the the actuall resolution of these images are huge so that you may use taht at ease for any commercial use (ie, banners, ads, etc...)

1. cmq1.gif

2. cmq2.gif

3. cmq3.gif

4. cmq4.gif

5. cmq5.gif

Cheers!

-Dillon

#4 or #5 is nice but good for web only not so sure about a business card though... but those are damn cool

i dont know maybe they would look good on a back of a white card...

i would go with these but then you would have to have a website GUI that would have that type of blend its not a simple logo so your site GUI cant be simple either... i mean it can but with logo liek that im sur eyou want a nice site too! :p

Hey guys, here is a quick mock up of a basic design,...I had in mind business cards, a plain white background, as well as making it fairly easy to transfer over to a colored background as well, so I didn't go too crazy with the design aspect, let me know what you think, good or bad.

Thanks,

Joe (Myst93)post-146347-1157831930.jpg

#4 or #5 is nice but good for web only not so sure about a business card though... but those are damn cool

i dont know maybe they would look good on a back of a white card...

i would go with these but then you would have to have a website GUI that would have that type of blend its not a simple logo so your site GUI cant be simple either... i mean it can but with logo liek that im sur eyou want a nice site too! :p

I like the concept of number 5, but I do agree with you if you it wont look right in everything, perhaps work on a little more. But none of them really stand out and make me go wow has to be the one.

Hey guys, here is a quick mock up of a basic design,...I had in mind business cards, a plain white background, as well as making it fairly easy to transfer over to a colored background as well, so I didn't go too crazy with the design aspect, let me know what you think, good or bad.

Thanks,

Joe (Myst93)post-146347-1157831930.jpg

this is something that would work, although I don't know what the feather is? Perhaps work on playing with these designs a little more.

Well that can be done but, the main point i was trying to show is that, for a clean and simple logo, not a header but a logo it would be hard to show both of those things in one design, one would show way more than the other.

Will he primarily sell ATV's?

As far as I understand it will be primarily car modifications.

Thank you to everybody so far, hopefully there will be a few more coming?

Here's another idea that I came up with...again, trying to keep the design real basic and simple, but not too bland...let me know what anyone thinks, also, anything can be changed to any color.

Thanks again,

Joe (Myst93)

post-146347-1157845131.jpg

Here's a few other different colored variations of the "CO"

post-146347-1157845486.jpg

Edited by Myst93

Here's another idea that I came up with...again, trying to keep the design real basic and simple, but not too bland...let me know what anyone thinks, also, anything can be changed to any color.

Thanks again,

Joe (Myst93)

post-146347-1157845131.jpg

Here's a few other different colored variations of the "CO"

post-146347-1157845486.jpg

(Y)

Thanks again,

I think it might benefit the logo to elongate the speedometer needle a little more so that its unmistakeably a Q. Right now I definately see CO....and what could be a Q.

Overall all tho I'd pick that version hands down.

Here are some other options to choose from, again, any feedback is appreciated, thanks again!

The needle was elongated to enhance the features of the "Q", the flames on the right were something to spruce it up a bit,...other than that, anything can be changed to any color that one wishes.

post-146347-1157867822.jpg

Edited by Myst93

heres a quick one ive just thrown together, let me know what you think, any colours, layouts, fonts you want me to play round with to your liking just let me know and id be happy to

mhhaxhcik.gif

r4esh - is that wheel a detailed vector image you've created or is it a copy and paste job from a photo?

Ive always thought logos shouldnt contain images like that, for resizing and quality purposes