My first "professional" photography event

Here I am, about to make my debut into paid photography, albeit very cheaply anyway. Anywho, what kind of tips do you "old pros" have? I'm going to be shooting candid shots at a performance season opening. I think I've got the basics covered- tons of SD cards, a few charged batteries, external flash with extra batteries, tripod, and a couple of lenses. What am I forgetting equipment-wise? Also, any pointers on getting people to not run from the camera when they see it? I'd think that most will be consumed with what's going on and not bother with some guy flashing at them. What have I left out?

Also, any pointers on getting people to not run from the camera when they see it?

Leica :p They won't see it, they won't hear it.

In my experience DSLRs with a flash attached and a big fast lens scare the crap out of people.

It went well! Everyone seemed happy with the pics I took and I even got two free concerts out of the deal. That evening I got to see Lyle Lovett (not my first choice) and they've offered me tickets to any show I want to go to in the future. I know Rent is coming to the hall and so is Wynton Marsalis. I'm leaning toward the latter... :D

It went well! Everyone seemed happy with the pics I took and I even got two free concerts out of the deal. That evening I got to see Lyle Lovett (not my first choice) and they've offered me tickets to any show I want to go to in the future. I know Rent is coming to the hall and so is Wynton Marsalis. I'm leaning toward the latter... :D

Awesome dude; any chance you'll post the pics here :D ?

I did learn one thing - always carry your tripod with you. You never know when you might need the @$%$#ing thing! I had to slow my shutter to take decent pics at the concert and I really needed the tripod. The stink of the situation is the fact that it was sitting in my truck and I decided at the last second, not to bring it with me. :no: Anyway, here's a few of the more "decent" ones from the concert. I wasn't really there to take pics of the concert, but since I had my camera I got off a few shots anyway. I'd post some candids, but they really aren't all that interesting....

#^&*(@%$ me I should have brought my tripod! #^&*#&*%%^@$#&!@#**!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovett_sm.jpg

----

Lovett2_sm.jpg

----

Lovett3_sm.jpg