Wireless USB as a router?

Hi, basically ive got a wireless usb connected and installed on my desktop but have a modem connected to my pc for internet. Is it possible to put the wireless usb be into my computer and let other things like pdas to connect to it to get an internet connection like a bluetooth dongle? or do I need to buy a wireless router aswell? Thx.

At University, for some reason still unknown to me, I couldn't directly connect my PC to the network. I could connect my laptop just fine via the ethernet, but not the PC (I still have no idea what the problem was, reinstalling windows, repacing network cards etc. didn't help).

Anyway, to cut a long story short I was able to create what's known as an "ad hoc" network between my laptop and my PC using the laptop's wireless card.

This allowed me to use the laptop to share the connection, however it should be known that a lot of devices do not support ad hoc connections.

What's more, these are an absolute pain to set up the first time, but it is possible none the less.

In the end, I bought a wireless router from eBay - worth every penny.