Logo Request [50 USD]

Question

Hi,

I'm looking for a logo for a student organization in my college. The ideal design should be simple and elegant and can be used for both formal (letterhead, documents) and informal (t-shirt) purposes. The final logo should be a stylized version of the acronym "DUU", maybe with some very simple geometric shapes. DUU stands for Drexel University Union and it's a student organization that puts together events (concert, movies, etc) to enrich college life. The logo should not be color specific, i.e., it must look nice in all color themes.

It sounds like there's a lot of restrictions but if you are talented, it could be a very simple task. I don't have any design in mind, but maybe you guys should consider the following logos as some good examples.

post-57901-1158009503.gif

post-57901-1158009848.gif

post-57901-1158009856.gif

post-57901-1158009865.gif

post-57901-1158009871.gif

post-57901-1158009878.gif

post-57901-1158009889.gif

post-57901-1158009946.jpg

post-57901-1158009978.gif

post-57901-1158010032.gif

post-57901-1158010062.jpg

Please submit your designs here and I will have constant feedback. If one of the designs is used, the artist will receive 50 USD through Paypal. Thanks in advance everyone!

Edited by fuzzy_logic

I'm not a great graphic guru yet, so I'm just tossing out a few simple ideas to help start the thread off.

Use them as you will.

:)

Edit: Is there a general focus to your organization? In case someone wants to include a representative graphic?

post-117100-1158012219.jpg

what does the organisation do?

just to give us an idea of some shapes or concepts to follow

It's some sort of student government organization.

I've actually done quite a lot of designing myself in the past, include this WordPress theme. But when it somes to pure graphics design, I don't seem to have a lot of good ideas =(

HopkinsProgramming: your design is simple but frankly, they do not look very professionally done. But thanks all the same!

Exactly. As I said, I'm no professional and I didn't intend to win. But sometimes, my goofy ideas can lead to others finding inspiration. So, it does no harm to post.

Exactly. As I said, I'm no professional and I didn't intend to win. But sometimes, my goofy ideas can lead to others finding inspiration. So, it does no harm to post.

I definitely appreciate your effor. :yes:

Another try. I created an image based on the three characters. I modified the last "U" in order to be the counterpart of the "D" thats how I managed to have a simetric feel.

post-4652-1158017752_thumb.jpg

So far I like micro's design more than the rest. But I don't know if I want the pen there since it doesn't really signify anything. But without the pen, I don't know if I like the design. :(

sanctified: I can't really make out the letters "DUU" from your design, and also, they are a little too fansy. The idea is to have something simple and elegant.

Maybe you guys can get some ideas from the samples I posted.

Thank you all for your effort!

What does "DUU" stand for? Also, could you elaborate on the student organization? If you look at the logos you posted, they all have some meaning based on the company. It would be useful so any "simple geometric shapes" can tailor specifically to the organization.

What does "DUU" stand for? Also, could you elaborate on the student organization? If you look at the logos you posted, they all have some meaning based on the company. It would be useful so any "simple geometric shapes" can tailor specifically to the organization.

DUU stands for Drexel University Union and it's a student organization that puts together events (concert, movies, etc) to enrich college life.

Is there a reason why you are choosing not to incorporate the dragon figure in the design of the logo? It looks to be a very bold symbol that is used throughout Drexel's material.

Here's my entry -

duu.gif

In grayscale and in your school's colours.

/edit: Sorry about that, the first upload didn't work, should be fine now.

/edit2: Okay here it is an a different font, as well as a version that doesn't look so much like a W.

post-48085-1158023580.jpg

post-48085-1158023589.jpg

post-48085-1158025095.jpg

post-48085-1158025108.jpg

Edited by Ivo

Is there a reason why you are choosing not to incorporate the dragon figure in the design of the logo? It looks to be a very bold symbol that is used throughout Drexel's material.

Here's my entry -

duu.gif

We just want some simple geometric shape(s). The dragon is too complicated and doesn't exactly look that nice.

The three horizonal lines don't really mean anything and don't look that nice either.

Sorry for being picky. I just wanna make sure we have a good logo to use. =)

Followed the geometry suggestion. Made some quick shapes in illustrator based on the DUU characters and arranged them to simulate a book.

Its simple like you asked, its geometric, and it has a justification. If you want different colors ask me and mention what colors would you like to see.

post-4652-1158024978_thumb.jpg