iTunes 7.0

Why is it that whenever I remove the icon on my desktop it automatically reinstalls the application when I load iTunes.

What the hell?

iTunes 7.0 is BAD :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you delete the start menu folder and just keep the icon in start menu, on the next launch

iTunes will

1. recreate the folder :angry:

2. add icon to quick launch (I usually have just the show desktop thing)

3. add icon on desktop

WHAT THE **** APPLE :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :x :x :x

This is the problem I have

Is anyone having any surround sound troubles with iTunes?

I'm having so much troulbe with iTunes7. First with 6.05 I could alt-tab between Firefox and iTunes with ease, now the song lags and stutters.

Secondly only my front 2 speakers work on my 5.1 surround sound. Yes I've tested them all by doing the configuration for them.

I'm going back to iTunes 6.05 until 7 is fixed.

edit: just found out, I can't refresh a page in FF when iTunes is playing a song... or it lags or stutters

Edited by yanowhiz

This is very strange... I've had nothing but good experience with iTunes 7... I'm just so confused as to how it can run so well on one system and so poorly on another.

Oh well, let's just hope they fix your guys' bugs soon.

I am in the same situation. Other than eating a good 270MB of RAM (while in cover flow mode), iTunes 7 works perfectly fine on my system. I love the new cover flow mode, it makes browsing my music library a lot more visually pleasing. I also love the new built in ipod updatating support. Overall, I think iTunes 7 is a huge improvement feature wise, however, it does introduce a few bugs (songs skipping during heaving usage).

I am in the same situation. Other than eating a good 270MB of RAM (while in cover flow mode), iTunes 7 works perfectly fine on my system. I love the new cover flow mode, it makes browsing my music library a lot more visually pleasing. I also love the new built in ipod updatating support. Overall, I think iTunes 7 is a huge improvement feature wise, however, it does introduce a few bugs (songs skipping during heaving usage).

Wow, mine only uses 22MB when in cover flow mode.

And BTW, my iTunes 7 is working completely fine. ;) No complaints at all. :)

iTunes 7 has alot of cool new features, as usual it's much better than the last version.

and in my opinion it is better to have more cool new features with bugs rather than a bug fixed new version with nothing cool.

and in my opinion it is better to have more cool new features with bugs rather than a bug fixed new version with nothing cool.

Even if it bricks your iPod? For me definitely not worth the new cool "features".

I really think Apple ****ed up on this. Damn, talk about Microsoft.

****ed up in what way? While iTunes may not have worked for you, it's worked well for the majority. And any general bugs and other similar issues should be addressed in the 7.0.1 release.

****ed up in what way? While iTunes may not have worked for you, it's worked well for the majority. And any general bugs and other similar issues should be addressed in the 7.0.1 release.

Judging by overall response...I would say only thing it is doing right is playing songs. Everything else is ****ed up currently. And that's for majority of users.

Anybody else notice the confusion with "Compilations" & "Album Artist" ? :huh: I am not sure what apple wants me to do...

Okay, I'm so getting Zune.. I just noticed that iTunes 7 decided to delete track number tags from 300-400 songs.

It has also deleted disc number tags and artwork from hundreds of mine. A few that I edited in iTunes had ALL of the tags removed, and cannot be played in RealPlayer. Aaargh! :angry:

Anybody else notice the confusion with "Compilations" & "Album Artist" ? huh.gif I am not sure what apple wants me to do...

I think you use "album artist" for the artist who is credited with the album itself. In the case of compilations, I usually just put in [ Unknown ].

I think that there shouldn't have to be a "fix" for the software. Apple should've gotten it right the first time. I mean, why hype up a software release & then have it end up being sh***y?

It has also deleted disc number tags and artwork from hundreds of mine. A few that I edited in iTunes had ALL of the tags removed, and cannot be played in RealPlayer. Aaargh! :angry:

Yeah, you are right, it also deleted a lot of my album art..

Static is terrible and now that I installed this as well as updated the ipod I can't add new songs to my ipod video. WTH is going on?

Anyone else run into this with there ipod?

I have the exact same problem. Now you can't downgrade to itune6 because it will tell you the database is using a newer version :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And to add to this, itune7 wiped out my entire 30GB yay :no:

I unistalled 7 and reinstalled 6. Now it took me an hour to readd all my stuff

way to go apple (Y)