iTunes 7.0

That was informative. I told you that Apple designed it for poeple who "actually purchase music through their store".

Album art comes with the music when you purchase it. This feature is for people who download music elsewhere or rip their own CD's. And it works pretty well.

ive purchased or ripped from my own collection all my music, so whats getting me angry is that Apple are asking for a credit card just to get album art from albums that ive already paid for, its not on, i was going to actully try out Itunes simply because of the album art feature as for me it a feature i use alot, but since i cant open an account ive uninstaled it

Wtf, I need an account to download the album arts :( Hm. Let's hope it's free, if so... iTunes finally has something I wanted a long time ago. Album arts downloads :)

Edit : Not free apparently... arg.. :(

It's free. You have to enter CC information to start an account. They charge you nothing unless you purchase music.

How do I get rid of the horrible static sounding music playback :|

I often have problems with the windows version of iTunes when running quicktime at the same time, particularly when viewing quicktime from within a Firefox window. I was hoping it'd be fixed for this version, but it's worse if anything.

Luckily, I should have my MacBook back soonish :)

Excellent! I've been waiting for gapless playback in iTunes for a while, and for the longest time I was convinced that they weren't ever going to support it. Now it's supported both in iTunes and on the iPod (if you update your iPod software). Cheers Apple!

ive purchased or ripped from my own collection all my music, so whats getting me angry is that Apple are asking for a credit card just to get album art from albums that ive already paid for, its not on, i was going to actully try out Itunes simply because of the album art feature as for me it a feature i use alot, but since i cant open an account ive uninstaled it

and? you never bought it from apple. they are giving the album art download as an extra to people who actually buy things from the itunes service.

kinda like how every other company in the world gives you that one little extra if you use their service.

plus, this album art comes from apple who has had to take the time to scan album art, load it on their servers, and now have to pay for the extra bandwidth needed to send out album art to every joe schmo who wants it.

anyone managed to get the bar back that refines searches to just album or music, not video.

i know the browser is still there but i don want music videos included in my music section which they seem to be now, instead of videos.

Anyone having a problem with sound quality? It's all static with all my music, i can hear the music, but it sounds like a bad FM signal when you are listening to Radio.. or when you play sound really loud and you're speakers can't handle the output power and the quality goes to hell.

And no, it's no Windows, I've just opened up Foobar2000 and it runs perfectly.. :(

I'm getting this problem too. Anyone have solutions.?

Getting album art is free and rather painless. You just have to not be a pansy and give them your CC. They won't use it for anything unless you purchase something. It took me all of 2 minutes to get an account, and then click Get Album Art. They did a good job.

I'll probably never sign into that account again though :p...ah well.

-Spenser

Hmmm anyone getting a problem of it not even loading, i try and run it and all i get is the standard 'iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' Shame really because this version does look pretty good.