iTunes 7.0

For the people who have static, try either upgrading QuickTime or restarting.

Also, I'm curious as to where the Search Bar went myself (you could break the search down to mean, artist, album, etc.). I actually used that feature.

you can break search to album artist composer song, by clicking on the magnafying glass.

but i usedto always have music checked, so videos were hidden, but my music videos are still there.

okay, so i just plugged in my ipod for the first time and WOW, what a slick interface itunes has for it now. you can even update the ipod software from within itunes.

apple has really done well this time around

Oh man although the Nano is now cheaper it looks so CHEAP! :x All plastic and yuck!

Anyone agree with me?

No. It was plastic before, and now it's metal. Metal = No scratches. I've got a silver Mini, and I've had it for about 3 years, and it has no scratches, and I've dropped it countless times.

Also, I'm curious as to where the Search Bar went myself (you could break the search down to mean, artist, album, etc.). I actually used that feature.

They moved that to the drop down menu when you click on the magnifying glass

Oh man although the Nano is now cheaper it looks so CHEAP! :x All plastic and yuck!

Anyone agree with me?

It's aluminum, not plastic.

Thanks for the answer. They have indeed tucked it away. Oh and I must say, I am hating the new Nanos. Sure its more resiliant but I hated the look of the iPod Mini and this is like a hybrid. Oh well, that's why I have a 1G Nano. Looks much slicker in my opinion.

The only thing I don't like about this iTunes is the headings on the left column like "Library" "Store" "Devices" etc, are too spaced out and it makes it too long vertically, it's annoying to have to scroll when you have a bunch of playlists but it's just a minor annoyance for me

I actually like the new iTunes 7!! I liked the 6 ver. before but it was always slow and hogged up resources, I have been using for about an hour and it's working like a dream so far, maybe it'll start acting up again soon, haha. I like the new look and the new blue color, look's great! Also, the new album feature where you can see the album while searching is awesome!

I don't like the new iPod Nano's.. I thought they brought back the mini's!! Ahhh. The old ones looked slicker, but atleast they moved to aluminum now. I'm not a fan of iPods though, but their atleast going somewhere.

The shuffle clip thing is dumb!! WTH.. Haha, that was stupid, I know they made it to clip on things but wth, haha! Made me laugh.

For the people who have static, try either upgrading QuickTime or restarting.

That didn't work.

The new version is really cool, they've definitely improved the handling of TV shows and Movies in the itunes interface but when you edit the Season and Episode number on a TV Show it doesn't save the changes and there is still no TV Shows menu on the ipod. Is this just a UK problem or does it work for the US who can buy TV shows?

At the moment all the TV shows I have in my library have to be stored in playlists so i can get to them on the ipod menus! Ridiculous!

Apart from that, great update! Leaves Windows Media Player looking like a joke!

It's aluminum, not plastic.

its like that ipoid they used to have some time back that came in colors like the nano does now....aluminum or plastic it looks cheap. the older nano design was MUCH more rich looking...

I notice the load times are quicker. And less ram usage (12MB)

I notice it being quicker but on my pc its jumped from using around 12 in version 6 to using 20 minimized and in miniplayer mode.

How does this work with Windows Vista? I know the new Quicktime had issues.

Appears to work great although I can't get X-Fi drivers yes so I can't test that it actually makes sound (though that's the least of my worries haha). I can say that it doesn't break glass finally.

its like that ipoid they used to have some time back that came in colors like the nano does now....aluminum or plastic it looks cheap. the older nano design was MUCH more rich looking...

I agree the nano design looked really slick, it would have been cool if they just updated the finish of the nano to not scratch like hell after being exposed to air. But I was also a huge fan of the iPod mini's so I think these look great, it's too bad you don't like it though! :p

The shuffle clip thing is dumb!! WTH.. Haha, that was stupid, I know they made it to clip on things but wth, haha! Made me laugh.

The shuffle is such an underrated iPod, I've owned all of the various iPod models at one point or another except the new 5G video and I use the shuffle every day, way more than I've used any of the others. The beauty of it is it's so fast and simple to control the music while you are doing whatever it is you're doing, it's like it's not even there, this one would probably be even better because of reduced weight and size. For every day use and listening to music while you are doing other things nothing beats the speed and simplicity of the shuffle IMO.

Anyone know if it's possible to just sort by albums only and not artist also? I've got all the OC Remix songs and iTunes wants to give each artist it's own cover (creating hundreds of unnecessary album covers).

^^^ I have to admit, the shuffle does look very impressive, especially this new one :)

I dislike iTunes 7 because the hotkeys don't work, so I'm gonna have to wait until MultiPlugin is released or find some sort of other program to sort it :(

-Rich-

I had the horrible static screetch problem uninstalling and reinstalling Quicktime didn't do anything. What did fix it however for me was to go into Quicktime preferences under the audio tab I changed the size dropdown from 24-bit to 16-bit.