iTunes 7.0

primexx

Found the problem, under audio; 24bit was selected. Switch it to 16bit, and it should solve the problem. (Those who are experiencing it)

Edit: Damn it, A10.

This worked for me with static and garbeled sound...

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93610

EDIT: I see oddity already gave the tip...

neither tips work. Still garbled as hell.

you can always right click, properties and hide it. that always works

thanks, that works.

==

Anyone know where to contact Apple?

=======

EDIT: FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE SOUND PROBLEM!!!

It has nothing to do with the 16 or 24 bit. It has to do with the bitrate. Choose the bitrate that's one level lower than your lowest bit rate song.

Edited by primexx
myNando
Can I put these new games on the nano?

I mean I just bought the nano two days ago and I'm already outdated out of the loop?

Send it back to Apple and tell them you want a refund. They'll understand :) They did it to an ex-coworker of mine when he got the iPod 4th gen. and 2 weeks later, the 5th gen. was out and they swapped it...free.

8nfinity

Has anyone found a way to right click delete a song and send it to the trashcan? The new (and stupid) version of iTunes 7.0 chose to re-add some songs that I didn't want added which were located at different parts of my hard drive into my iTunes music library and now when i'm trying to delete and send the songs to the recycling bin, they just simply now delete them from the iTunes library interface. Now, many of you might ask why don't I just do it individually? Well the thing is that.... iTunes installed over 300 duplicates/indiv. songs that I didn't want to be added. I think this version is the bulkiest and bloated in my opinion of all. The left interface which has the playlists has so much space that only would benefit gigantic monitor sizes.

I completely regret downloading and installing this version. In fact, I attempted to install my old previous version but apple closed it's installation due to the fact that I have the newer version installed... just shows the true support apple has for their older products.

Quillz

Cant wait to see what leopard will look like after this change in itunes. I like that we can finally get albumn artwork in iTunes without a plug-in.

I agree. Getting album artwork for free, and natively, is a huge plus for me. Not to mention that iTunes 7 as a whole is already a great app. :D

iomega

nice looks// to the prog great and all..

but for some reasom my ipod (30gb) isnt working in there....

it ask me to update and its been sayin updating ipod for like the last 30mins...

kinda afraid to unplug it.. what should I do?

Edited by iomega
Quillz

I mean I just bought the nano two days ago and I'm already outdated out of the loop?

Unfortunately, yes, that's what it looks like. From what I've heard, the new games don't work on the nano at all, regardless of generation and/or firmware version.

primexx

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Unfortunately, the fix I posted earlier doesnt work for 100% of all songs, and the volume in iTunes must stay at max too.

ALSO, doing ANYTHING while playing a song distorts it.

I am currently using 44.1 kbps and 24-bit for my settings right now.

This is definetly a problem on Apple's side. I hope they fix it soon.

Shadrack

I'm downloading now. I like the new look by the screenshots. It is nice that they are refreshing the face of iTunes every so often. That album art view looks a LOT like Coverflow. I've been using coverflow for awhile now. Mostly just to impress friends.

idk_

I think it's stupid that you essentially have to have a credit card or purchase an itunes card to download cover art for your music.

Other than that, v7 looks pretty good.

GhostWarrior25

Can anyone download iTunes 7 from the apple website?? For some reason I can't download it.

Edit: Nevermind, got it working.

Edited by GhostWarrior25
k22

during Steve's speech, he said 5th Gen iPods can do the games - but I don't think that includes nanos. Looks like the display would be too small for a lot of the games

Shadrack

iTunes 7 crashes whenever I try to play music on my Mac Mini G4 :(

I also don't like how the "Store" now has more presence on the side bar. Wish I could just play some music though :(

phantasmorph

I think it's stupid that you essentially have to have a credit card or purchase an itunes card to download cover art for your music.

Other than that, v7 looks pretty good.

Then use something else and quit whining.

boogerjones

You don't. There are a number of 3rd-party tools that download album art into iTunes 7 just fine.
Staind

I like the new UI maybe just because it's new, especially the download list, informing me of the progress.

AaronMT

Ok what the hell is with Itunes7

I cant seem to upload music to my nano. I drag the mp3 to the Ipod it says uploading and it doesnt show up in the list of tracks or on the ipod itself.

This didnt happen in 6

NM Solved: iTunes 7 doesnt like tracks without albums or artists in their md3 tags

Stingray

How do I play .mpc, .ogg or .ape files with this thing?

McoreD

Anybody managed to reproduce this bug?

iTunes has now got this sorting bug in List view with Artwork:

itunes7sortbugjq9.th.jpg

It happens when there are multiple artists with same album name.

Big Daddy

I can't seem to set the size of visualizer to medium or small. Anyone else having this problem?

»X«

Can someone explain why I need to enter credit cards details when making a stores account? I just want to get the album artwork.

Shadrack

Is there no more equalizer button or am I just baked?

No more equalizer button it will seem. View->Equalizer works...but i'm not sure, what gives?

I got it installed and running on my windows machine. It crashed and burned on my mac, but my mac mini is having a LOT of problems lately. I think i need to reinstall Mac OS :rolleyes: . Seems to not just be a Windows problem, with me....oh well

Whats up with Gapless playback, btw? Right now it is cranking away on my iPod tracks calculating gapless playback. Will it make it all gapless on my iPod or just when I play songs on my iPod through iTunes?

I hope all this Gapless finishes up soon...becauss it is really slow right now.

I like the new view's though! They are nice.

Big Daddy

Anybody managed to reproduce this bug?

iTunes has now got this sorting bug in List view with Artwork:

itunes7sortbugjq9.th.jpg

It happens when there are multiple artists with same album name.

Having the same problem myself.