iTunes 7.0

Shadrack

I don't like how it switches to the spectrum view whenever I double click a song.

sundayx

some of you said apple account does not require credit card, however there is no way i can sign in without it asking for credit card information. how?

Etc.

Anybody managed to reproduce this bug?

iTunes has now got this sorting bug in List view with Artwork:

itunes7sortbugjq9.th.jpg

It happens when there are multiple artists with same album name.

Click the "Artist" column and it should fix itself.

McoreD

Having the same problem myself.

Thanks for letting me know, Big Daddy.

»X«
some of you said apple account does not require credit card, however there is no way i can sign in without it asking for credit card information. how?

Exactly. fortunately I used my g/f's card. But others wont be so lucky and will be seriously ****ed off about it.

McoreD

Click the "Artist" column and it should fix itself.

Thanks but what happens then is Compilations screw up.

itunes7sortbug2bd5.th.jpg

Then the problem other way around: Same artist with different albums gets screwed up.

I have Group Compilations together but it doesn't have an effect on the new views.

Shadrack

So now iTunes 7 has crashed TWICE on my Windows machine.

I don't recommend people upgrade to this. It is too buggy at the moment. Apple should have done more beta testing. Last version worked fine.

Umbrello

Anyone have a fix to the skipping and horrible staticy playback?

KoL

I don't recommend people upgrade to this. It is too buggy at the moment. Apple should have done more beta testing. Last version worked fine.

Ive been using it for some hour, listening to music, downloading podcast, adding picture and everything is running great.

I recommend people to upgrade to this :p

Kev1n

I've downloaded but havent installed. Thanks for the warning! :D

Big Daddy

Thanks but what happens then is Compilations screw up.

itunes7sortbug2bd5.th.jpg

Then the problem other way around: Same artist with different albums gets screwed up.

I have Group Compilations together but it doesn't have an effect on the new views.

checking the artist column didn't help :(

I hope apple fixes this soon

Shadrack

Ive been using it for some hour, listening to music, downloading podcast, adding picture and everything is running great.

I recommend people to upgrade to this :p

I am sure it works fine on your machine :rolleyes: . It isn't like Apple didn't test the software out and found that it worked on most computers. Just their testing wasn't good enough this time if you ask me.

1. People are reporting "scratchy" music sounds.

2. People are reporting UI glitches

3. I am reporting that it does not work at all on Mac Mini G4

4. I am reporting that it has crashed twice already on my Windows machine within 2 hours of installing.

I'm rolling back on Windows. Not sure if it will be possible on my Mac :| .

The UI looks great and is a huge step in the right direction. Hopefully 7.0.1 will be out soon and fix all my problems so I can live happily ever after with iTunes like yourself.

macro

So much debt that you can't handle a checking account?

Sounds like you have more to worry about than free album art. :sleep:

Although, I am curious...with such extreme debt problems...how'd you manage to become a Neowin subscriber? :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'm coming off a bit harsh, but I've been reading about people crying about the music store/credit card BS since this was released. Boo hoo. Don't like it, don't use it.

Wow, not only do you call him out for not having a credit card, you assume he is a child and then burn him for being in debt? What a jackass post if ever there was one, sorry but that's just pretty lame of you.

KGHtheII

So I just uninstalled an old version of my ewido anti-spyware program in order to install a new version. When I unistalled the old version of ewido, it killed my shortcut icons for iTunes 7.0 on my desktop and in program file, even the About iTunes icon. It's now just that white icon for when something does have a shortcut icon associated with it. First of all, why would this happen? ewido isnt associated with iTunes. Second, How can I fix this?

primexx

Back on topic..........Anyone know where we could report bugs found in iTunes? I cant find ANY contact information on Apple's site, and the discussion.apple.com isnt working either.

daz-

Anyone having a problem with sound quality? It's all static with all my music, i can hear the music, but it sounds like a bad FM signal when you are listening to Radio.. or when you play sound really loud and you're speakers can't handle the output power and the quality goes to hell.

And no, it's no Windows, I've just opened up Foobar2000 and it runs perfectly.. :(

and

Anyone have a fix to the skipping and horrible staticy playback?

I had to change a Quicktime setting. In the audio tab, I changed from 24bit to 16bit, closed and restarted iTunes. Problem fixed.

BajiRav

iTunes 7.0 is BAD :angry: :angry: :angry:

If you delete the start menu folder and just keep the icon in start menu, on the next launch

iTunes will

1. recreate the folder :angry:

2. add icon to quick launch (I usually have just the show desktop thing)

3. add icon on desktop

WHAT THE **** APPLE :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :x :x :x

McoreD

checking the artist column didn't help :(

I hope apple fixes this soon

Big Daddy, without waiting until Apple fixes it, and it is very unlikely that they will release an update very soon, I think the workaround is to actually change the album names.

I just noticed in iTunes Music Store, there is

Best Of Groove Armada

and my album name for it was just

The Best Of -- which is the proper name of the album as per Album Cover.

But the trick I learnt was, if I change it match the name in iTMS then I can get rid of the sorting bug.

sundayx

correction: its iTunes Store now XD

L3thal

I like the new version (Y)

McoreD

OMG. We were WRONG!

I just noticed the Album Artist tag in iTunes 7, just like in Windows Media Player. That does the trick.

itunes7sortbugfixedaa9.th.jpg

Now I need to code a small tool to copy Artist to Album Artist for each song.

Edit:

For every song in iTunes

If song's Album Artist is blank then if Artist is not blank then

Album Artist = Artist

If Artist is blank and is a Compilation then

Album Artist = Various Artists

Anybody find a flow in the logic?

Edited by ~*McoreD*~
Nightwind Hawk

I love the new iTunes! Beautiful design and awesome new layout.. however, seems slower and much heavier. CPU usage goes up to 45 on my comp. (XP x64 with AMD64 3700)

Umbrello

and

I had to change a Quicktime setting. In the audio tab, I changed from 24bit to 16bit, closed and restarted iTunes. Problem fixed.

Holy crap. Thanks. I had it at 16-bit this whole. Now I'm listening to my whole playlist again. It sounds so beautiful lolol. I'm retarded haha.