iTunes 7.0

Deepu Sudhakar

I've been telling people not to get this revision. The firmware upgrade bricked both mine and a friend's iPod for a bit of time. People have been reporting a lot of issues with the firmware part specifically in the Apple support forums. It just freezes while doing the upgrade, and sometimes iTunes won't be able to recognize it.

It just seems like a bad idea to merge the iPod firmware package and iTunes. I know I've been in plenty of situation where iTunes didn't work, and I had to use the separate iPod update utility to restore my firmware. What's the point if the only way to restore your iPod if you need iTunes sees it?

5Horizons

Bleh, I hate the new icon, the all-caps categories along the side, and the fact that it won't save the album art size for the 2nd view mode... It's crashed a couple times as well.

I'm hoping the UI changes in the next version of OS X won't be like this. Not that it's bad, but it's not terribly great either. Hooray for the additional OS X interface... How many different ones do we have now? 6?

Big Daddy

OMG. We were WRONG!

I just noticed the Album Artist tag in iTunes 7, just like in Windows Media Player. That does the trick.

itunes7sortbugfixedaa9.th.jpg

Now I need to code a small tool to copy Artist to Album Artist for each song.

Edit:

For every song in iTunes

If song's Album Artist is blank then if Artist is not blank then

Album Artist = Artist

If Artist is blank and is a Compilation then

Album Artist = Various Artists

Anybody find a flow in the logic?

Let me know if you are able to make that too because I have quite a lot of songs that will need re-tagging.

Setnom

I've been telling people not to get this revision. The firmware upgrade bricked both mine and a friend's iPod for a bit of time. People have been reporting a lot of issues with the firmware part specifically in the Apple support forums. It just freezes while doing the upgrade, and sometimes iTunes won't be able to recognize it.

It just seems like a bad idea to merge the iPod firmware package and iTunes. I know I've been in plenty of situation where iTunes didn't work, and I had to use the separate iPod update utility to restore my firmware. What's the point if the only way to restore your iPod if you need iTunes sees it?

Where do I get this new iPod new firmware upgrade? Because I have version 1.1.2 and iTunes still says I have the most recent version...

Crazysah

I have one question about iTunes 7. In the left colum there are option to go to library podcasts etc... next to the pdcasts one in the left colum only... it says 28? What does 28 mean?

Gowcra

Are you guys still having a the static problem that was mentioned earlier? I will only update till i find out what causes this as dinna wann have to fart out unistallin and reinstallin. please offer advise. cheers guys

Shadow XL

hmmm.. Apple Australia's download side bar on the itunes page has seem to crash, looks like im not getting it tonight :(, lookiing forward to checking out the new 3d album art but im a bit worried about this sound problem people seem to be getting and the huge lag people are reporting

PaulCabby

Has anyone noticed (on Windows) it uses over 120mb of RAM during usage?

anonymous10489

Hrmm.. I'm getting the static issues now too. Bah, hope they release a patch for this quick smart.

Michael_C
2. add icon to quick launch (I usually have just the show desktop thing)

3. add icon on desktop

It never even added either of these, it actually removed my iTunes quicklaunch icon.

Gowcra

looks like i will be waitin till the sound issue is fixed. good thing i always wait for these things to settle b4 i install em :)

evo0o

i don't notice any static. works fine for me, but i can't get the album art due to a lack of the account.

i guess i'll do it manually, anyone got links for a good album art finder?

Martyn

Erm...no way I am updating until the major problems have been fixed :unsure:.

McoreD

Let me know if you are able to make that too because I have quite a lot of songs that will need re-tagging.

itsfv07demoag4.th.jpg

Tell me how you go. Tested with 5752 songs of mine. :)

Crazysah

I have one question about iTunes 7. In the left colum there are option to go to library podcasts etc... next to the pdcasts one in the left colum only... it says 28? What does 28 mean?

Next to the podcast section it says 28 and has circled it. What does 28 mean?

Leddy

It means that you have 28 podcasts that you haven't listened to, obviously.

jmc777

Has anyone noticed (on Windows) it uses over 120mb of RAM during usage?

Yeah I commented on it earlier in the thread.

This was after flicking through the cover browser....

itunes7vh2.gif

:blink:

trenzterra

Does anyone's iTunes have audio distortions with MSN? When someone msgs me I get some sort of audio distortion in my currently playig track.. its like there's a conflict or something. had no probs with itunes 6 or wmp.

using audigy2zs jan06 drivers...

sundayx

still waiting for quitcktime alt and mplugin final to be delivered....

Daybreak

It's kinda ugly though. Never thought I'd see this day, but for once, I find that WMP11 in general looks sleeker and more.. tasteful as compared to iTunes. Too workman-like for my taste. CoverFlow is incredible though, but since I don't use album covers, that feature is kinda pointless.

Sigurd

The static on the audio is really starting to annoy me now, i didnt have it when i first installed but now it happens alot, especially when i load opera or msn for example.

AgEnTsMiTh

Static is terrible and now that I installed this as well as updated the ipod I can't add new songs to my ipod video. WTH is going on?

Anyone else run into this with there ipod?

Sigurd

Ive not plugged my ipod in since i have updated, dont plan to now after hearing what you just said :p

computerchan

Just installed iTunes 7 on my notebook after fixing the locale confusion of Quicktime 7 uninstaller.

Be honest, the new album art gallery does not appriciate me at all. I use iPod as my primary music warehouse and I plug the iPod on my notebook while listening. I dunno why the album art gallery is not usable in iPod. Apple brings us this update but it's not working on the Apple's iPod. Weird.

Moreover, the multimedia shortcut keys (play/pause, stop, RW, FF, etc.) are still not working when the iTunes is not in focus. Even WMP made that long long time ago, and there is Multi-plugin for iTunes that enables the functionality, why can't Apple enables this in the new build?

iTunes 7 is something that brings me "surprise" - Apple did a boo boo this time.

AgEnTsMiTh

OK, I figured out the problem. I can now add music. Strange that I have to do it different then before. But, that issue is out of the way. Now on to getting this static problem gone.