iTunes 7.0

Anybody managed to reproduce this bug?

iTunes has now got this sorting bug in List view with Artwork:

itunes7sortbugjq9.th.jpg

It happens when there are multiple artists with same album name.

It's all dependent on how you sort your songs. Sort by 'Album By Artist' and make sure your songs have no 'Album Artist' in the ID3 tag. If you click the Album column, you'll see it will switch between 'Album', 'Album By Year' and 'Album By Artist'.

I had the same problem myself. I've got a compilation called 'Top 500 Rock & Roll Songs' by a slew of different artists. They were all showing up separately until I erased the 'Album Artist' from all the ID3 tags and sorted my songs correctly.

Does anyone's iTunes have audio distortions with MSN? When someone msgs me I get some sort of audio distortion in my currently playig track.. its like there's a conflict or something. had no probs with itunes 6 or wmp.

using audigy2zs jan06 drivers...

I'm having the exact same problem mate and it's really annoying me because this new iTunes looks brilliant. I'm using the Realtek drivers...

Does anyone know how to fix this? Because it's extremely annoying for a stupid little bug to ruin such a brilliant program :(

OK, so iTunes is great and all, updated my iPod (finally :s)

But the hotkeys still don't work (global hotkeys, we all know this is a problem) can anyone suggest a solution (no, not using another play thankyou :p) that works with iTunes 7?? :)

-Rich-

Anybody managed to reproduce this bug?

iTunes has now got this sorting bug in List view with Artwork:

itunes7sortbugjq9.th.jpg

It happens when there are multiple artists with same album name.

What you need to do is select all the songs in a particular album, right click on them and choose Get Info, then tick the Compilation Box and choose Yes. That should group them all up.

What you need to do is select all the songs in a particular album, right click on them and choose Get Info, then tick the Compilation Box and choose Yes. That should group them all up.

Thanks, but that's not exactly how I managed to fix the issue:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=495588

It happens for music grouped by Compilation and even when "Group Compilations while browsing" is checked.

If any of you are using OSS 3d plugin (at leat on the Mac) remove it if you upgrade. It won't play music at all otherwise, the timer for *any* song stays at 0:00 and no sound.

I think I might go back to iTunes 6. The album art is a tad annoying and not executed anywhere near as well as Coverflow. Who wants cover art for everysong if its not part of the full album? I'm going to iT 6 + Coverflow + OSS 3D.

...word...

itunesiconhl1.png

Word? :huh: Were did you get that?

15 pages of posts. :p iTunes rocks

I agree, I dont know what you guys are all moaning about, running sweet for me! :p :cool:

FOR THOSE WHO WANT GLOBAL HOTKEYS!!!

May I recommend iTunesKeys! :)

http://www.mattberube.com/software/ituneskeys/

Great little program that gets global hotkeys running beautifully :D

-Rich-

I think this programme ****ed up itunes. Since installing it, itunes refuses to run, at all. Causes vista to throw a wobbly. Even after uninstall! :angry: Suggestions please