UEFA Champions League Thread

UEFA Champions League 2006-07  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the UEFA Champions League 2006-07?

• Barcelona
    • Chelsea
    • Bayern Munich
    • Liverpool
    • Real Madrid
    • Manchester United
    • Arsenal
    • AC Milan
    • FC Porto
    • Celtic
  2. 2. Who will be the top goal scorer?

• Thierry Henry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Andriy Shevchenko
    • Ronaldinho
    • Kaka
    • Klose
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Ronaldo
    • Lionel Messi

I expected Arsenal to have a tough time against CSKA, they are a good team, and have some good players in Akinfeev, Love and Carvalho. Even Liverpool had a tough time against them last year in the Super Cup (but we still won).

I expected Arsenal to have a tough game in Moscow. Looong trip, icy weather, pitch condition, plus CSKA are a good side. I didnt get to watch the game but it seems Henry had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out for handball.

Nice win for Manchester United. They played well, though the scoreline should have been better...like a 4-0 or a 5-0. But still Alan Smith is back, Rooney is playing well although he didn't score...again...but him wearing the skipper's armband was a welcome sight. :)

i was flicking between the 2 games tonight (liverpool and the chelsea game) and the difference in atmosphere between english based games and foreign based games is INSANE. i would hands down turn up to any game based in an english stadium, the atmosphere at Bordeuxs (sp?) ground was really weird, wasnt overly loud or quiet, but Chelseas was really overwhelming and thats what i think makes football more exciting.

Anyway, i think liverpool didnt play that well tonight and were lucky with the win

and chelsea,i reckon should of ended in a draw :)

i was flicking between the 2 games tonight (liverpool and the chelsea game) and the difference in atmosphere between english based games and foreign based games is INSANE. i would hands down turn up to any game based in an english stadium, the atmosphere at Bordeuxs (sp?) ground was really weird, wasnt overly loud or quiet, but Chelseas was really overwhelming and thats what i think makes football more exciting.

Anyway, i think liverpool didnt play that well tonight and were lucky with the win

and chelsea,i reckon should of ended in a draw :)

It was mad. There werre only like 2000 Liverpool fan's and you could hear them singing Fields Of Anfield Road all night, even if it was quiet due to the lack of away fans.

The French aint that passionate about football.

I think you will see 3 of the 4 UK teams getting Into the last 8... Personally I think they will be Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd.

I won't predict beyond that other than to say... At least one will get to the final.

It was mad. There werre only like 2000 Liverpool fan's and you could hear them singing Fields Of Anfield Road all night, even if it was quiet due to the lack of away fans.

The French aint that passionate about football.

1/2 time in Istanbul... All you could hear was you'll never walk alone!!

I hope all the British teams go through, I'd love to see Chelsea completely dick Barca at the Neu Camp too... and that's from a Fulham fan.

This bloody ref is ruining the match, constantly stopping it, letting free kicks and throw ins be taken miles away from where they were conceded, missing blatant dives and clear fouls. The players are being pretty childish too, hopefully half time will settle things down a bit. A. Cole incident was a bit of a mess too, he should have been more clear that the first card was for Lampard and not Cole. Great goal by Deco by the way.

What a Travesty!!!....only 5 minutes played out of 6....Drogba scoring a goal after he shouldn't be on the pitch the little play actor...Everything went Chelseas way...Referee I think wasn't even real he lost control and never got it back.