Microsoft Bootvis: Com Library?

Hey guys,

I have been reading and saw some talk about an application called Microsoft BootVis. Bootvis allows a user to generate a report based on the times it takes various applications, drivers, etc to load when Windows is booting. Here is my dilemma:

Whenever I go to run bootvis, I will start a trace+drivers from shutdown. When i start my computer back up, it only shows me two things of information; Boot I/O and Process Creates (which is blank). This is not showing me any information that would help me further determine what I can eliminate to speed up my boot time. When I go to run the trace, right before Windows shuts down / restarts, I get the following error message:

"Failed to initialize COM Library".

I believe this may be related to why I'm not seeing the information I want to see... am I using Bootvis incorrectly? Is this COM Library error message normal?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply dreamz. Both are already set to started and automatic. I had already read somewhere that Task Scheduler needed to be started, but both were previously set to automatic.