Getting iMac 24"

So far:

4 dead/stuck pixels (2 Green, 2 Red)

Little black light bleeding

but none of them are bothering me, you can only see the pixels on a black background, which for me, is hardly ever.

Is anyones 24" pretty bright, everything seems alot lighter in colour...?

Edited by saxondale.

I'm a Mac convert and waiting for my 20" IMac. It's suppose to be here today. I'm using a Mac Mini for now and wonder how I can transfer my data?

Firewire - 6 - 6 pin. Connect it to both macs, hold onto T, and during set up of os x, it will ask you if you want to transfer data from old mac, and it will give you options of what you want transfered. I selected everything, and when i booted my Mac for the first time, everything was exactly the same as my old mac :)

So far:

4 dead/stuck pixels (2 Green, 2 Red)

Little black light bleeding

but none of them are bothering me, you can only see the pixels on a black background, which for me, is hardly ever.

Is anyones 24" pretty bright, everything seems alot lighter in colour...?

Same boat as me then, does the airport menu take a while to load for you aswell. Or are you using the Ethernet?

i Might get 17" C2D iMac's since they are so expensive over here, i was wondering about Apple's dead pixel policy? Do they replace it if dead pixels are found?

Dead pixels, quite bad backlight bleeding and the stupid humm sound when i decrease the brightness, which i have too and when i go on it at night (when i need to be quiet) it gets annoying.

Will be getting the new MacBook Pros when they come out :)

Dead pixels, quite bad backlight bleeding and the stupid humm sound when i decrease the brightness, which i have too and when i go on it at night (when i need to be quiet) it gets annoying.

Will be getting the new MacBook Pros when they come out :)

For me the benefits far out way the cons!

I suffer from all of the above apart from the hum. You could try another iMac to see whether it was just a one off, even ask them to switch it on in store and check for dead pixels. You go to a third party store though so I assume you could have problems.

Well that is a good point, where/what are you looking at studying. I am at Uni atm (first year CS student) and decided to stay at home for similar reasons as what you mentioned. I am lucky that I have a top institution on my doorstep, meaning I can keep all my electrical's safe and well.

OMG sax i live in Glos :D lol random but i got my eyes on a 17" before christmas hopefully that works out if not i will go for a top of the line mac mini. But i worked it out getting a 17" moniter and all the top specs on the mini is around the same as the 17" imac. Im not realy sure what one to go for but as long as its a mac im happy :D :D

It's a shame and i wouldnt mind trying my luck with another 24" since it's a beast of a machine.

I will get the refund, see what the new Macbook Pros are like, if they dont live up to my expectation, i will order my iMac again and hopefully the issues will be resolved by then or at least less frequent.

Very nice system (Y) i am thinking of saving money for one.

That's a very nice system. I am still deciding on the 20" or 24". Congrats.

Get the 24 " version it's worth the extra money.