• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

u scratch a parked car, what do you so?

what do you do?  

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

snyper    0

If you scratched a car, perhaps say the bumper and it was small thumb print size, and the owner was not there..what do you do?

Sheppard    0

Id leave my number and offer to pay for the damage caused.

NuPagady    2

I'd leave my number as well.

kombolcha    11

i wouldn't lave my under because i would never do that in the first place. you'd have to be an idiot to hit/scratch a parked car. wtf.

CoLdFuSi0n    21

nothing. :)

looseone    0

drive away quickly

Tomo    577

Most people would just ignore it :angry:

NoneAvail    3

Book it as fast as possible.

y0sh    1

"See ya"

kampioen    0

I wouldnt run to the hills.. because the hills have eyes! :D just run bitch.. ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Rodrigo    43

i wouldn't lave my under because i would never do that in the first place. you'd have to be an idiot to hit/scratch a parked car. wtf.

:rolleyes:

It sometimes happens because you are distracted, under pressure or anything could happen (even if it is someone's else fault that made you scratch it). No need to be a prick, and don't try so hard.

And let's see how would you handle it if you came from work and your car had a big scratch and you didn't find any contacto information because whoever did it "tan to the hills". Heck, even a little scratch! since most of you love you cars more than your girlfriends.

simsie    4

carry on my day as usual because i would probably never see them again

Kriz    186

Id run, then remember i was in my car, so discreetly go back and drive away.

Brandon Live    232

Although I don't see myself ever doing that (knock on some proverbial wood), I'd leave my business card with a note written on the back.

If you would leave I hope karma gets you back, you worthless pile of ****.

minkcar    0

ignore it and leave

sanghoku    0

i's leave a number unless the other car is wrongly parked... then it's his own fault ;)

Lingwo    490

If i scratched a bumper, i'd drive away as that's what they're there for.

If it was a tiny scratch on the paint work, i'd probaley still drive away because the owner of the car would probaley do the same, if it was the other way round

Shadrack    601

whatever dude, it happens. You've never had done anything in your life that was an accident?

Anyway, it depends on how bad of a scratch it was and whether or not the car was pristine or dented and scratched up anyway.

My car has dents and scratches all over it from parking lots, and no one has left their phone number on my vehicle. I don't really mind that much though. If you drive a vehicle around expect it to get dinged up in parking lots by people; there isn't much you can do about it.

If you are going to have a heart attack if you see a dint on your brand new car then maybe you shouldn't be driving it :|.

Shetland    5

if i was 'in' money at the time i'd leave a number, if not i'd leg it out of there.

also if the car was already dented and such then no, but if it were perfect and well looked after i'd probably be forced to leave my number.

Night Prowler    132

I have a VERY NICE 1996 F250 Diesel Super Cap, like new. I was parked in a Grocery store parking lot and it was a windy day. A young girl parked next to me and while opening her door the wind caught it and it put a dent in my bed about 1/4 deep and about 2 inches long (didnt break the paint). She stuck around to let me know and I got here insurance information. Taking it to the repair shop, they gave me an estimate of $750.00 to repair the small dent becuse the complete side of the bed had to be painted and the dent fixed.

This was very minor, but I'm really pickey abut my vehicles (I have a 1991 Honda EX 4DR 5 Spd with 160,000 miles, which I bought with 16,000 mi on it, and it looks almost new), and had it repaired.

This was rediculas to fix at $750, and if it would have been my fault I would have let it go, and I'm SURE if the young girl would have know this that she wopuld have most likely left without saying anything, and I'm sure her parents wern't happey when they found out as it was their insurance.

Would I have left, maybe????

jimmybob479    0

I was at a DQ and when I came out the left rear door had been dented in across the entire width of it, like someone had backed out incorrectly and just punched in the entire lower part. It kinda looks like the door is SUPPOSED to look like that because it goes the entire length of the door. Its a $500 deductible on my insurance so it's not worth fixing it. No one left a number, name, anything. I live in the valley (aka Mexico).

Fuzzymath    0

I'd check for political bumper stickers. If I found none that disagreed with my view points, I'd leave my number. Otherwise, I'd just walk away.

Randolph    17

I agree. If you somehow scratch a PARKED CAR, cmon people its PARKED, how can you be so dumb as to not see it. But then again it could be on accident. :rolleyes:

wtf x2 lol

h3xis    1

What the hell is wrong with some of you? I'd leave my number for them to contact me because I would expect them to do the same.

brentaal    404

I'd leave my number. :blush: