u scratch a parked car, what do you so?

what do you do?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. If you scratched a car, perhaps say the bumper and it was small thumb print size, and the owner was not there..what do you do?

• Leve your number, so they can contact u
    • decide its not that bad (they wont notice it) and ignore it
    • run for the hills

since most of you love you cars more than your girlfriends.

I get the feeling that most of the people on Neowin are socially-awkward, freckled and/or fat teens whose "girlfriends" are a bag of Fritos? or the picture in their forum sig.

I do it almost every day at school.

I just repark my car and i'll be safe :)

besides.

everyone else does it to my car so why not get back :)

one day this old guy hit my car with his door and didn't say anything so when he closed his door i SLAMMED my car door against his about 5 times showed him the finder and drove away.

haha :p

If it's a old ugly car, I won't care, if it's a good car I will apology to the owner but an accident is an accident right?

If it's a Rolls Royce, I run AWAY >.<;

Terrible driver? :blink:

you should see the parking at my college. it's so tight there you'd need a moon roof if you don't park perfectly

Leave it unless someone saw.

I banged someones bumper when parking once but someone saw so i asked whos car it was turns out it was his. (thought i was in reverse only it hadn't engaged properly and my car rolled forward)

i cracked his number plate, offered to pay gave him detials.etc but never heard anything from them about the bill.

But i've got serveral dents and scratches in my car where people have just swung their doors open into it so if i do happen to bang someones car lightly can cause a small scratch oh well.

i mean if i knocked a huge dent in it that woluld be different but a small scratch nope tough.

I work at a bodyshop. I am a estimator and you wouldn't belive how many hit and runs happen. I feel bad for these people forking over a thousand dollars or so to fix something that wasn't there before they walked in the store.

I work at a bodyshop. I am a estimator and you wouldn't belive how many hit and runs happen. I feel bad for these people forking over a thousand dollars or so to fix something that wasn't there before they walked in the store.

and i wander why people pay a fortune to have dents taken out, unless its a big dent then why bother, someone will only go and add another sooner or later.

If it's a tiny scratch, I'd leave. If it was a scratch larger than two or three inches, I'd leave a message w/ my number.

I do it almost every day at school.

I just repark my car and i'll be safe :)

besides.

everyone else does it to my car so why not get back :)

one day this old guy hit my car with his door and didn't say anything so when he closed his door i SLAMMED my car door against his about 5 times showed him the finder finderfz4.png and drove away.

haha :p

:p

and i wander why people pay a fortune to have dents taken out, unless its a big dent then why bother, someone will only go and add another sooner or later.

You guys will be suprise how many people come in ****ed off!! To replace a bumper cover is about $600+ for 90% of the cars. If you scratched a door and it went through the clear and the paint! then its about $400+ depends on what we need to do. Its no cheap to fix these kind of dents and scratches.

Just leave a note with someone's name and number that you hate.

That way if seen, it looks like you're doing the right thing. And, you'll feel good about screwing over someone you hate.

You guys will be suprise how many people come in ****ed off!! To replace a bumper cover is about $600+ for 90% of the cars. If you scratched a door and it went through the clear and the paint! then its about $400+ depends on what we need to do. Its no cheap to fix these kind of dents and scratches.

Hell, if it's going to be like that, then I'll just do what the guy above said: "Point and laugh."

thats exactly my point unless you got a huge dent (and then its probably an insruance job) then why bother getting it taken out becuase as soon as you do then someone will just go and add another one.

waste of money if you ask me. If i had the dents/scratches taken out my car it would probably cost me more than the cars worth, theres one on the edge of my door where it lokos like someones hit it with the corner of their door

speaking of hit and runs, on my 21st birthday, someone had backed into my car and left me two long scratches on my bumper. one is about 10" long and the other about 7" long, plus 2 - 3 chipped spots. also, if you look close enough or feel ith with your hand you can see and feel where the paint is cracked up, the bumper was pushed in, but didn't get dented. nothing else touched.

how much do you think that'll cost?

i'm guessing sand and repaint is what is needed.. touch up paint would work, but i dont' like the feeling of knowing that the paint is "wrinkled"

speaking of hit and runs, on my 21st birthday, someone had backed into my car and left me two long scratches on my bumper. one is about 10" long and the other about 7" long, plus 2 - 3 chipped spots. also, if you look close enough or feel ith with your hand you can see and feel where the paint is cracked up, the bumper was pushed in, but didn't get dented. nothing else touched.

how much do you think that'll cost?

i'm guessing sand and repaint is what is needed.. touch up paint would work, but i dont' like the feeling of knowing that the paint is "wrinkled"

If the bumper is repairable your looking about $600.00 and its not repairable your looking at about $800.00. Thats not including if there is any internal damage.

I'd put 1 of my dad's business cards under their windscreen wiper :p He fixes cosmetic problems with cars for a living, like small scratches, bumper scuffs, alloy wheel refurb etc.

You people probably drive around your neighborhood banging on car doors so you can make all that money :p

Just leave a note with someone's name and number that you hate.

That way if seen, it looks like you're doing the right thing. And, you'll feel good about screwing over someone you hate.

That gives me a great idea. hehe :shifty:

I"d take out my sharpy mini and color it in.

LMAO! i can picture it already.

take out sharpy mini make a :whistle: face and keep doing your thing. haha :laugh:

LMAO! i can picture it already.

take out sharpy mini make a :whistle: face and keep doing your thing. haha :laugh:

They should do that for one of those Sharpie mini commercials. lol