• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

u scratch a parked car, what do you so?

what do you do?  

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

illicit    0

I'd like to think I'd leave my number, but I'd probably run :wacko:

I would probably do the same thing.

RO74R    1

HAHA!

:shiftyninja: hand them a free bumper sticka?

Toastyone    0

i wouldn't lave my under because i would never do that in the first place. you'd have to be an idiot to hit/scratch a parked car. wtf.

I agree with you though my mom did this once when she was driving a van, it had a blind spot and she bumped this little Miata.... :pinch:

HoochieMamma    716

Depends on what kind of car it is, if it's some bull**** SUV soccer mum car then I wouldn't care less (I hate those 'trucks' so much, they shouldn't be on the road). Same goes for a really expensive car, they can easily afford it. Any mid-lower class car I would leave a number and help the person out as much as posible.

VGVL    0

I'd leave my phone number. If its a BMW or Mercedes I'd wait for the owner.

People are so careless, is it really that difficult to enter and exit your car without kicking the door open into the car next to you? These idiots should have the doors on their cars removed until they learn how to use them.

Lexcyn    88

I don't know. I mean, a lot of people wouldn't leave their information if they did it to you. But, I think I would. I think the world could use a few more honest people.

VGVL    0

Same goes for a really expensive car, they can easily afford it.

That doesn't justify walking away. You screwed up, you pay for it. So what if the guy with a Porsche can afford to fix that dent you just put in its door? You should hold yourself responsible.

Reminds me of when this guy bumped into my car with a shopping cart and when I pointed it out he took an indifferent attiude: "So what? Nothing happened to your car." "You scratched the paint and the shopping cart left two red lines on my door." "So? Have it fixed if it bothers you that much."

samg    2

edit:

whats the point, i'll only get warned.

Things like this make my blood boil, to think there are disrespectful people out there.

I work damn hard to afford and drive a nice car, dont let your bad driving make my life harder.

Edited by illmonkey

Landshark77    0

I'll throw a smoke bomb flash gernade and disappear like a ninja!

hotwire    0

rofl this reminds me of what happened to my friend. he drives a nice altima. one day after we got out of school. he got hit and there was a note on the wildshield saying "I am really sorry to hit your car. Hope nothing is damaged and I am truely sorry" lol that was all. no number no insuarance XD!!!

)-(orus    2

How would you manage to scratch a parked car? They aren't that hard to miss.

snyper    0

it happens.

Raa    1,551

Man people have scratched my car, and its metallic paint on BMW - not bloody cheap.

If it was a small scratch EVEN if someone left a number, i probably wouldn't bother with it

But if it was decent, i'd be pretty cut.

Fortunately my new BMW's paint isn't so expensive. But that's not really the point.

I'd leave my number if it was bad. Fortunately, i've not scratched anyone elses car but my own *touches wood*

kombolcha    11

rofl this reminds me of what happened to my friend. he drives a nice altima. one day after we got out of school. he got hit and there was a note on the wildshield saying "I am really sorry to hit your car. Hope nothing is damaged and I am truely sorry" lol that was all. no number no insuarance XD!!!

oh man :pinch: that makes me cry and laugh at the same time..

+Human.Online    8,420

100% leave my number. To have a scratch polished out isn't that expensive, and I would expect the same in return.

I have seen my car get scratched from a distance. Family parked next to me and their unruly damned kids were making some kind of fuss. As they reversed, a rear door opened and scratched my car. The front passenger looked out, and then they sped off. Absolutely disgusting behaviour but I expected nothing less.

Bloody kids should be strapped in, and kid-locks enabled! But either way, dealing with this was the responsibility of the driver. He failed to notice though, as he drove off, and left me yelling, he needed to double back to get out of the carpark. I stood in the road blocking his way, he acted like he wouldn't stop (again, behaviour I expected) but did.

Then denied the event. I showed him my back paintwork on his red door. Refused to let him pass until I made a note of his number plate. He still acted all big like "I don';t care you can't do jack". So I explained I would call the police and report a drive away from an accident.

We pulled his car over and agreed to settle to ?50 which would cover the work.

All seems massively over the top now. But if you saw some of these gits around Leicester, you'd know why they need keeping in check. Driving mummy's "bimma"...

Edited by njlouch

levianthen    0

Deponds on if...

It's a brand new looking car.

Their car is super scratches up already.

The scratch you made is small.

The scratch you made is huge.

So :rolleyes:

game_over    801

i dented a car once when getting out my sisters car at pizza hut, just parked in a different space...heh

Nashy    1,661

Depends on the situtation and how bad it is.

Technique    36

i'd have a look about to see if i'd been spotted. If not, then i'd check my car to see if any damage was done. If so, i'd park in another car park. If no real damage to my car, then i'd just park elsewhere in the same car park.

unforgetable    0

I Accidentally scratched a car the other day. I wrote out a note and then didnt put in on the car . It didnt look too bad. Now today the police called me and I returned the call but heard nothing back. I feel so bad How much trouble am I in? Did this happen to anyone else Thanks I will never do this again not worth the worry.

+warwagon    13,099

Holy Thread resurrection Batman!

Thread Closed.