'Computer randomly plays classical music'

..rather than just stating the failure..

good stuff microsoft (Y)

"This is a design feature of a detection circuit and system BIOSes developed by Award/Unicore from 1997 on."

I've never heard of this before. :huh:

It's rare. PCs usually just have bleeps or a siren if there's a malfunction.

Also, if the fan isn't working or working properly, if probably wouldn't do that, it porbably would just warn you at POST or bleep and the POST process fails.

SUMMARY

During normal operation or in Safe mode, your computer may play "Fur Elise" or "It's a Small, Small World" seemingly at random. This is an indication sent to the PC speaker from the computer's BIOS that the CPU fan is failing or has failed, or that the power supply voltages have drifted out of tolerance. This is a design feature of a detection circuit and system BIOSes developed by Award/Unicore from 1997 on.

It should play 'Another One Bites The Dust' or 'We Didn't Start The Fire' ;)

and ibm

Come to think of it, what about Sony VAIO users? Presumably they'd use Sony batteries.... Unless it's a conspiracy :shiftyninja: ..... :iiam:

Come to think of it, what about Sony VAIO users? Presumably they'd use Sony batteries.... Unless it's a conspiracy :shiftyninja: ..... :iiam:

I think what happens is Sony sends off all it's defective batteries to other companies and only keeps theg good ones for them selfs. It's kind of like a thing to destroy everyone else.

I think what happens is Sony sends off all it's defective batteries to other companies and only keeps theg good ones for them selfs. It's kind of like a thing to destroy everyone else.

You know i just might have to agree with you!

I've seen this happen (years and years ago). It's through the "PC Speaker" and it's basically a series of melodic beeps, to one of those tunes. You'd think it'd be funny, but it actually gave me the hibbly jibblies.