Zune's Final Price: $229.99

zuneblack.jpg

One of our moles on the inside told us Microsoft just had a meeting to determine the price of the 30GB Zune. The final tally: $229.99. Microsoft was going to go $289.99 to undercut the iPod by $10, but since Apple dropped the bombshell that they were lowering prices to $249, Microsoft had to scramble to undercut the lower price as well.

As a result, the Zune might be dropping some pre-loaded content that nobody really cared much for anyway. ? Jason Chen

Source

that thing looks a little on the chunky side . . wish it were as thin as the ipod

People didn't complain about the 4G ipod and it's the same size if not a bit smaller.

Umm.. the Xbox360 is a console :huh: This is a DAP.

LOL sorry, I was thinking about the iPod and I was reading a console topic. What I meant is that it will not compete (and by compete, I mean be a significant competitor) to the iPod.

there a release date on this yet?

reaaaaally need a new mp3 player... my 3rd gen ipod last about 45 mins! :laugh:

Mine's even worse, I even changed the battery (not an authentic apple however). It's probably at 15-20 mins. Honestly, I tried to transfer songs on a full charge and it doesn't even do that anymore.

I think it's because I drain all the batteries using the iTrip for the car. It's stupid, I think if the ipod is plugged into an outlet the battery shouldn't be used. This is just a waste.

I think for a $20 price difference more will would still buy the iPod Video 30gb, atleast I would. But in reality, I'm going to be buying a 2gb nano or maybe a 4gb nano, not sure yet. :/

I would say wait till the second generation for this to come out. I'll play for it for sure before making any decisions.

Hopefully they release a second generation within a year, make it a little thinner and add a couple mroe better colours, maybe a bloody red?

Does anybody know if they heard anything about the wifi? I heard you can only transfer songs for to another zune for only 3 days max or only be able to play the sent file 3x?

yeah but 20 bucks really isn't much, if i was in the market 20 dollars will not make me get a zune instead of an ipod, 50 or so cheaper would make a bigger difference but considering that 20 bucks wont even fill up your gas tank these days i dont find it as enough of a factor to make a big deal about.