[Review] Samsung SGH-Z150

It's a fine product from Samsung, the only thing lacking is there is no plug for a memory card... it only has integrated 50 MB and that's it, it's used for sms/mms/movie/music.

The sound is an issue too, it is too silent... but there is a solution! (you have to do this everytime you boot the phone)

*#123580#

press 8

press 3

press 1

press 3

now... press 0, type 170 (this will add 17.0 dB to 0)

press 1, type 165

press 2, type 155

press 3, type 150

press 4, type 145

press 5, type 140

press 6, type 135

press 7,...

then just go back from the menu, and thats it. It should ring now louder and play music louder too. Ofcourse you can set your own dB values, these are just mine, that fit me well.

The battery holds out for 3 days with regular telephone conversations and a little of mp3 playing on a 900Mhz network.

weight: 77 g

size: 118x46,5x9,8 mm

works on UMTS/GSM (UMTS, 900/1800/1900 MHz)

videotelephone

color display (262.144 colors)

integrated digital camera (2x, one on the back one above the display)

MP3 player

Bluetooth

diktafon

calendar

e-mail client

alarm clock (has no decent alarm :huh:, had to download a realy nice nerv taking ringing tone ;) )

earplugs for the phone

alltogether it is a telephone that suits me fine and I like it very much, the only thing is that low sound... but I got that fixed :laugh:

Samsung_SGH-150DVA.jpg

Do they always have to rip motorola? Jeez, they copy the Razr with the A900, and now this with the SLVR L7... Get some originality :rolleyes:

As did LG too... if something sells... then other people are going to jump on the bandwagon too.

One things for sure... Samsung didn't copy Motorolas interface and software, which is good... thats what makes the razr so crappy.

• 1 year later...

Don't say a word unless you've had one in your hand. It's 4mm thick, lightweight, with screen allmost too bright and all you can want from a telephone. Its the best looking phone there is -with no stupid opening parts etc.

Just simple, smart and you dont even notice it from your coinpocket, in which it fits so well.

-a-