5728 tidbits

I forget wher I read this, but i heard that there's not going to be a bootscreen. The pearl is the replacement for trhe bootscreen. That way, when it pops up, its more sudden, and exciting.

Where are the widescreen wallpapers? Are they seriously going to release an OS in 2007 without a single widescreen wallpaper?

:huh: There are, 6 I think, wide screen wallpapers in Vista. But I bet there will be a whole lot more.

I forget wher I read this, but i heard that there's not going to be a bootscreen. The pearl is the replacement for trhe bootscreen. That way, when it pops up, its more sudden, and exciting.

Hope so - all the fuss about the bootscreen is ridiculous. It's an image that is displayed for 2 seconds. How interesting can that be? I don't see why it's needed at all - just load the OS instead.

If the bootscreen actually would show up from you turned on the computer, until your profile is finished loading it would make sens, but it's only showing for 5% of the boot process.

:huh: There are, 6 I think, wide screen wallpapers in Vista. But I bet there will be a whole lot more.

Ah.. Found them now :D Can't remember they were there in 5600...

Is it just me, or do the wallpapers have really low quality? Looks really bad on my 1920x1080 tv, and even on the 1680x1050 monitor it's looks bad. Maybe it's the Nvidia driver?

In my version of RC1, I haven't checked the RTM 5728 build, the Aurora screensaver was already in there!

The Aurora screensaver has always been in Vista. :)

We're talking about Desktop Aurora and currently the Aurora icon.

Is it just me, or do the wallpapers have really low quality? Looks really bad on my 1920x1080 tv, and even on the 1680x1050 monitor it's looks bad. Maybe it's the Nvidia driver?

Uhh... probably because you are stretching some low resolution wallpaper and trying to make it fit onto your high resolution widescreen monitor? :rolleyes:

Uhh... probably because you are stretching some low resolution wallpaper and trying to make it fit onto your high resolution widescreen monitor? :rolleyes:

Looks fine in xp... Of course, not perfect since they are stretched, but much better. :huh:

Hmm.. it's even 1600x1200, and looks really bad when fitted 1680x1050. That stretch should hardly be noticable if it's done properly. Vista does a horrible zoom/stretch job. Same when using the normal picture viewer.

Edited by GeeZuZz

Looks fine in xp... Of course, not perfect since they are stretched, but much better. :huh:

Hmm.. it's even 1600x1200, and looks really bad when fitted 1680x1050. That stretch should hardly be noticable if it's done properly. Vista does a horrible zoom/stretch job. Same when using the normal picture viewer.

Err. The wallpapers have a native resolution of 1600x1200. Are you using a LCD by any chance?

Don't you think we are getting a bit off-topic here? :whistle:

Not really; if they're one of those 'born again virgins' which those evangelicals push, who are generally speaking, as loose as Microsoft's coding policies, I'd be surprise if there were any elasticity left to actually achieve a contraction.