Aol's Broadband Ad? This Annoys Me

xpguy

I ask them if broadband is in my area, and then i see a huge broadband ad as im going to college. Now why advertise broadband if its not in that area yet? :wacko:

Steven P.

Its a cheap tactic to get people like you to call in. Your call is logged along with everyone else who expresses an interest, if the interest for AOL Broadband is there they will go ahead and implement it.

Cheapo marketting scam that should be outlawed

AGMW

I know this is very annoying because Qwest did the same thing to my parents last year. Qwest ran full-page ads in the local newspaper advertising DSL. When my mother called to get check their prices and ask how fast we could get hooked up they said it would not be in our area for another six months to a year.

RazerBack

I remember reading something where a broadband wasn't available in an area. So a bunch of people kept calling giving different names and addresses. The company thought it was strange that the demand for broadband in that area tripled in a week. Called back all the potential customers, no one really wanted it.

People will go to any extreme for broadband.

Joseph Zollo

Optimum Online did the same thing to us, everywhere I looked, there was a commercial or an advertisement of some sort. When I actually called them, they said it would be 3-6 months.

Oddly enough, a few weeks later, some MSNBC hot shot moved into our neighborhood and it was suddenly available. :huh:

Steven P.
Optimum Online did the same thing to us, everywhere I looked, there was a commercial or an advertisement of some sort. When I actually called them, they said it would be 3-6 months.

Oddly enough, a few weeks later, some MSNBC hot shot moved into our neighborhood and it was suddenly available. :huh:

Ahhh the threat of exposing false advertising. gotta love the media for that at least ;)

ozric
I ask them if broadband is in my area, and then i see a huge broadband ad as im going to college. Now why advertise broadband if its not in that area yet? :wacko:

Your not seriously considering signing up with the satanic AOL itself are you? :/