Buying a Plasma.

bangbang023

I've seen the US iterations of the sets and they offer a nice picture, though the brightness seems to be low when compared to other sets.

P.M.K

I've seen the US iterations of the sets and they offer a nice picture, though the brightness seems to be low when compared to other sets.

Cheers for that bangbang.

Might head off in to the store to see the picture myself.

Julius Caro

Why does it say 1024x1080i? Should it be 1920x1080 or something like that?

Galley

Why does it say 1024x1080i? Should it be 1920x1080 or something like that?

Yeah, what is up with that? :o

bangbang023

It's one of the rarer 1080i plasmas out there. Also, with the rectangular shape of plasma pixels, that resolution is expected. There's a reason many consider it a technological wonder that Pioneer managed to get full 1080p into a 50" plasma.

P.M.K

I don't want to rain on your parade, but be careful. We've had reliability issues with those particular sets in both the 42 and 50 inch sizes.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually paid extra and got a 5 year warranty.

What have the issues been bangbang??

bangbang023

First we had a 50" on display. Well, we tried. It was actually dead out of the box. The panel simply wouldn't receive a signal. Sent that for service and put the 42" in it's place. Last week, the 42" just went out and the red error light on the front lit up.

P.M.K

First we had a 50" on display. Well, we tried. It was actually dead out of the box. The panel simply wouldn't receive a signal. Sent that for service and put the 42" in it's place. Last week, the 42" just went out and the red error light on the front lit up.

Mmm that's interesting.

I'm getting it delivered today, it better work out of the box!

How come you know so much about them??

bangbang023

Mmm that's interesting.

I'm getting it delivered today, it better work out of the box!

How come you know so much about them??

Besides the fact that I'm just a fan of home theater as a whole, I also work in the home theater department in a big box electronics store.

P.M.K

Besides the fact that I'm just a fan of home theater as a whole, I also work in the home theater department in a big box electronics store.

OK then, that explains your knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
P.M.K

Well I bought the Phillips 42PF9531 and while I was at it I bought the Phillips HD STB DTR7200 so I could run them via HDMI.

Very very happy with the set-up.