ZOE 3 for PS3?

Hideo Kojima's other PlayStation 2 franchise, Zone of the Enders, last saw an entry back

in March of 2003. While the first was a commercial success, mostly due to the included Metal

Gear Solid 2 demo, it was largely panned by critics. ZOE2: The Second Runner was its evil twin,

a limited release that became a coveted, well reviewed title, bordering on collector's item.

(That reminds me, ZOE2 is now available for purchase at Game Quest Direct, if you're looking for it.)

Now there's talk of a third being readied for Sony's PlayStation 3, much to the delight of Jehuty fans.

We'd heard talk of it recently being featured on the cover of PSM3 as a teaser. Now reader Martin

sends us the above scan of what PSM3 had to say. Not much info, true, but they allude to Kojima

and company spilling more mecha action beans soon. Watch this space!

zoe3scandl0.jpg

Kotaku

Oooh, cant wait for this, i loved the first one, as short as it was, and msise dout on the second one wile i was in high school, but if this is true, im definatly not msising it :D

i loved the first game and loved the 2nd even more, BOTH very underatted! -depending on how good this one is, it might force me to go otu and grab a ps3 :p -YES that is how much i LOVE the ZOE series.

I would of expected it to appear on the Wii; can Kojima Productions afford to release such a low-selling title with such high production costs?

...yes.

ZOE3 is one of those games that would make people buy a ps3 who normally wouldn't. Plus, follow with tradition, ya? Keep console game in Sony. I hope they make the handheld versions for PSP.

I would of expected it to appear on the Wii; can Kojima Productions afford to release such a low-selling title with such high production costs?

Bundle it with the MGS4 demo, and ZOE3 would probably sell more copies than Nintendo would sell Wii's.

Bundle it with the MGS4 demo, and ZOE3 would probably sell more copies than Nintendo would sell Wii's.

More likey to happen. Even if I wouldn't get a PS3 I'd still get that bundle.

I see what you mean, but I doubt they'd sell more ZOE3 copies then Wiis :p