Zaurus Sl-5500

As soon as you get it, flash OpenZaurus 3.0 (www.openzaurus.com). Its a replacement for the Sharp ROM, and its much better (i.e. allows you to write to the flash inside the Zauaurs using jffs2). If you don't like it, you can always go back to the Sharp ROM.

I have an SL-5500 and love it! I don't know what I would do in school if I didn't have it. There are some really great games available to play and you can put on mp3s to listen to during class. The dual support for CF and SD is great too. And if the games cease to amaze me, i just load up the terminal and can have fun for hours. Be careful of the battery life. The lighted screen sucks the life out of the battery. I get about 1.5-2 hours on a full charge with the light on and 3-4 hours with it off. Overall, it is the best PDA that I have ever seen or used. I was excited when I heard about the 5600, but upon looking at the specs, I realized that it was almost exactly the same thing that I had except with more base memory and faster. Maybe Doom and Quake will actually be playable soon :-) I just wish that there were more applications out there for it.

Mentat

I love my SL-5500 also! My only complaint is with the fact that the outside has started to scratch up pretty quick. It looks like you could paint it somehow, but I don't want to try it on mine ;)