1979 Buick Appraisal

So I'm looking to buy my first car, and I've only got about a grandish. I saw this car for sale, and it's quite possibly the most badass vehicle I've ever seen.

it's a 1979 buick regal limited, with power windows and doors, and 130,000miles. now, of course, before I buy this car, I'm going to test drive it and take it to my mechanic. However, the seller's asking price is $1,500, which I deem a little steep. He claims it was garage kept, and there's only one very small spot of rust. the interior looks very well kept, I can't see any rips in the leather, and the exterior looks good too.

My question: is this price near the real value of the car? what should I offer him? Thanks neowin!

thanks, but I've tried kelley blue book and other value calculators, none go back as far as 1979, and they don't provide the same input as experienced neowinians can.

if he is asking $1500 you can bargin, you should be able to get it down to atleast 1250 if not lower, id start off by lowballing at $900 then go from there, obviously he wont accept 900 but you have to remeber he has a number set in his head that he wont go anylower than, so once you think you hit that number with him is when you buy

but from what you describe it may not be a bad price but the car is pretty old...to each his own