Dell 2007WFP

gigatexel

Mine came in earlier today and I love it!

excalpius

Root Access,

Turn on CLEARTYPE in the Display/Appearance/Effects/ panel ("Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts")

It is designed for rendering text on LCD screens in a better way that standard font screen smoothing.

Also, make sure your screen size is set to the monitor native, and you can always turn the DPI from 96 to 120 in the Display/Settings/Advanced/General control panel tab.

Those changes will see you never going back to CRT for your main monitor.

I keep a 21" hitachi on my main machine only because it allows me to play quake 3 online at a 120 khz refresh. ;)

If I could find an LCD that can handle that, I'd be sooooo there. :)

Hope this helps.

WooSH

awseom review.

really awesome pics.

bookmarked.

IceBrewedBeer

I'm really considering on buying a Dell 2007FWP. My biggest concern is that the wide resolution will rape my graphics card. I run a AMD64 3500+ 2GB RAM and an X850XT AGP.

Anychance I'd see decent framerates on Source based games, Doom 3, and BF2?

deepfriedmario

Well, I purchased the Dell 2007WFP and finally have the thing connected to my MacBook. It's a really great display and can be doubled as a display to play my Xbox 360 (didn't really take that into account until I received the monitor). No problems with it so far though I do have one stuck pixel on it.

mart24x7

I bought one of these and its the best thing I've ever bought for my PC.. well happy

mrk

Well, I purchased the Dell 2007WFP and finally have the thing connected to my MacBook. It's a really great display and can be doubled as a display to play my Xbox 360 (didn't really take that into account until I received the monitor). No problems with it so far though I do have one stuck pixel on it.

mine has one stuck pixel too, Dells policy is that it has to have at least 6 to get a replacement but im really not bothered any more as the screen quality is superb and teh stuck pixel is only visible under black and faintly too so you have to look for it :)

The clarity of photos and colours in vividness is so amazing, just like a high end CRT and the angles are superb too so I'm not going to fuss over a stuck pixel because if they do replace it I could get one with clarity not as good as teh sample I have now! don't wnat to risk it and I have 3 years to play with it too!

Alladaskill17

Hows the Xbox 360 look? Any pics?

deepfriedmario

mine has one stuck pixel too, Dells policy is that it has to have at least 6 to get a replacement but im really not bothered any more as the screen quality is superb and teh stuck pixel is only visible under black and faintly too so you have to look for it :)

The clarity of photos and colours in vividness is so amazing, just like a high end CRT and the angles are superb too so I'm not going to fuss over a stuck pixel because if they do replace it I could get one with clarity not as good as teh sample I have now! don't wnat to risk it and I have 3 years to play with it too!

The stuck pixel doesn't bother me either, it's on the side and isn't even visible to me until I try to look for it.

Hows the Xbox 360 look? Any pics?

No VGA cable so haven't had a play with the 360 on the monitor yet but searching around, someone had this to say:

ard|Forum]It looks good with the Xbox 360 too, though the colors are a bit washed out due to the 360's VGA cable. That has nothing to do with the monitor. In fact, by putting the R,G,B all the way to 100 the Dell does a pretty darn good job of compensating for it, much better than the Viewsonic VX2025, which I also tried with my Xbox 360.
Alladaskill17

Cool! Well I ordered mine about 2 hours ago! So I cannot wait for it to get here! I am gonna be hooking the Xbox 360 up to the display via composite input... ?!

stadsport

Wow, made me want one of these mas.

Any chance I could get that N64 controller wallpaper you were using in a couple of the shots?

mrk

Yup!

n64oq0.th.jpg

deepfriedmario

Cool! Well I ordered mine about 2 hours ago! So I cannot wait for it to get here! I am gonna be hooking the Xbox 360 up to the display via composite input... ?!

No, use VGA for it.

SkyyPunk

well after reading people getting 2407s for replacing their color banding 2007s, i figured id give it a go too! (my 2007 had banding as well, just never felt like calling about it)...

well i got a 2007 rev A03, and it finally has the banding fixed quite well (significantly better, almost non existant). i was actually surprised, because everyone who has gotten a02 still had it bad...so looks like they may have fixed it ... its good and bad, because i was hoping to still get it so they would bump me up too :oP

mrk

ive read reports that A03 is SPVA panel type, could yo check your service menu ?

SkyyPunk

what am i looking for to check this?

MillionVoltss

:) Got mine 2day. Set mode to PC / Desktop. No probs so fair. No scaling

SkyyPunk

http://www.fixit-4u.net/mrk/root/photos/ro...servicemenu.jpg

Thats the LG Philips S-IPS panel, the Samsung PVA one starts SM

;o

any idea how to get to that menu? i believe that is the 'hidden menu' ive been searching for :p

Found it!

1- Turn off your screen

2- Press simultaneously the 'Menu' and '+' button of the screen.

3- While holding the 2 buttons, press now the 'Power' button.

4- Once the screen in ON, unpress the 3 buttons.

5- Just press '-' button.

Mine says V1B18 RT803

mrk

That's strange! I cannot find out anything on what panel that is :/

What does the colour/quality look like to you ?

MillionVoltss

Ok it appears scaling appears but only "slightly" on red. Although this could be parannoya.

Would like a guide to set this up or programme which people have used so i can get the best out of the monitor.

Cs max resolution WOW. Pictures :) . 6 Year old crt :( rubbish.

Also regarding Image Modes,

what purpose do they each serve ?

SkyyPunk

That's strange! I cannot find out anything on what panel that is :/

What does the colour/quality look like to you ?

Yea i cant find anything about it either besides one foreign site

looks nice though...i will do a side by side with my original when i get home this weekend, and see if i can get a good pic

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

mrk

if you can do some compare shots that would be wicked and comment on viewing angles/backlight! if it really is better than A02 I will phone dell to get a replacement as teh A2 still has minute amounts of banding :D