Dell 2007WFP

filter04

where could i get that jessica alba wallpaper please?

Cheers.

Kerm

Just got my first, getting another next week probably.

It's awesome.

scaramonga

A02 version here.......bit of backlight bleeding........but who cares!? It's a SIPS panel and best ever display I've had........I could return it under warranty......but DELL has a 'lottery' going on with these........I may get a PVA job!

mrk
where could i get that jessica alba wallpaper please?

Cheers.

skins.be :)

WooSH

i got one of those that has the Rev03 sticker clearly placed over the old one.

it was so good that i didnt even bother messing around with the brightness or anything. and i still have to check whether its an IPS panel.

+Mystic

I have been looking at one of these for a while now, and finally decided to take the plunge. From all these positive reviews, I'm expecting much, but it should deliver.

filter04

There's a lot of talk about what panel you end up with... is it possible that you can exchange it for another and make up an excuse or something like that?

filter04

oh, and thanks for the link mrk. But that shot isn't there anymore :( i guess i'll have to oggle elsewhere :(

:p

cheers anyway.

dreamsINdigital
There's a lot of talk about what panel you end up with... is it possible that you can exchange it for another and make up an excuse or something like that?

Dell won't replace it just because you want the other panel. They don't even know themselves which panel is in what monitor they ship. That's why they call it the lottery. If you can think of some excuse to exchange your monitor, then you can play the lotto again.

• 2 weeks later...
cyclone9

i hate games that doesnt have widescreen support: (

such as war3 ..cant developers update to insert widescreen support into it?!

dreamsINdigital
i hate games that doesnt have widescreen support: (

such as war3 ..cant developers update to insert widescreen support into it?!

Check out http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

They find methods to run games in widescreen mode that don't normally support it. WarCraft 3 is there too.

DG55

Got mine a few weeks ago. Fantastic monitor, cant recommend enough! Everything is just great, including the price! I got mine on special offer for ?275 (20% off).

I only have one thing bugging me, but it applies to most other LCD screens too. Whats with the strange grainy looking surface? Its most noticable with a white background. Is this an anti glare coating? Sorta makes the screen look a bit 'greasy'? Anyone else noticed this? Got the same thing on an iMac g5 and a sony tx.

MadFerIt
Got mine a few weeks ago. Fantastic monitor, cant recommend enough! Everything is just great, including the price! I got mine on special offer for ?275 (20% off).

I only have one thing bugging me, but it applies to most other LCD screens too. Whats with the strange grainy looking surface? Its most noticable with a white background. Is this an anti glare coating? Sorta makes the screen look a bit 'greasy'? Anyone else noticed this? Got the same thing on an iMac g5 and a sony tx.

Yeah that's anti-glare. After you clean the monitor a few times it'll become less visible. It's normal though so don't worry.

DG55

Cool thanks.

Any advice on how to clean an LCD monitor? Never really had one to clean before! Cheers.

MadFerIt
Cool thanks.

Any advice on how to clean an LCD monitor? Never really had one to clean before! Cheers.

Best method is to get an LCD cleaning kit. I use the one by Monster. I'm sure there's cheaper alternatives but it lasts you a very long time anyway, we're talking years. The monster one comes with a microfiber cloth for wiping, which is the best on LCD screens.

I also use it on my DS Lite, and my 26" LCD HDTV television.

WooSH

i got mine...but i was a little dissapointed...i went from a 17 inch dell flat panel..and they are exactly the same height! . i was hoping for something a little bigger. i mite trade up for a dell2407 later or something.

MadFerIt
i got mine...but i was a little dissapointed...i went from a 17 inch dell flat panel..and they are exactly the same height! . i was hoping for something a little bigger. i mite trade up for a dell2407 later or something.

I can understand that. You aren't going to get much more height on a 20" widescreen monitor then you would on a 17". It's the width that is the big difference. Personally I prefer this to a 19" 5:4 monitor, but I know a few people who don't like 16:10.

The Dell 2407 is supposed to be impressive. Plus the resolution is over 1080p, so technically you could have a game console such as the 360, hook it up via VGA cables, and play in full 1080p.

But for me the 2007WFP is perfect, although I'm crossing my fingers that I'll never have to send it off for warranty, because S-IPS is just far better in my opinion.

Tantawi

Awesome review and pictures!

Thanks.

WooSH

the 2407 is 1080p??? whats the 2007? and i cant fiure out if a have an isps pannel or not?

• 2 weeks later...
christracy

I just got this monitor and its a beautiful display. It is replacing my 17" Trintron and so far its a worthy replacement. How would I go about looking for banding issues with DVI?

MadFerIt
the 2407 is 1080p??? whats the 2007? and i cant fiure out if a have an isps pannel or not?

There's no such thing as 1080p for a computer monitor. They are always progressive (at least these days, all monitors are 60hz+). And the 2407 can handle 1920x1080 because the native resolution is higher. The 2007WFP is 1680x1050, which isn't quite high enough. But unless you're using it with a console, it really isn't a big deal. Plus it's a hell of a lot harder to get stable resolutions at 1920x1080 then it is at 1680x1050 (which is hard enough as it is, bloody Geforce 6800GT lol!).