Neowin.net Xbox Community Leaderboards

Fight Night Round 3: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/sh...l&gameID=61

King Kong: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/sh...l&gameID=71

So far the two easiest games that I know of so far to get an easy 1K points per game. Haven't seen any others or heard about them.

Games like NBA 2k6 and NBA Live 06 don't take much to get 1000 points either. You can get well over 1000 point in a day with those if you wanted. In 2k6 I once did well enough in just one game to get 500 points. Too bad I already had some of the achievements.

thanks for all the easy-point game tips, but i've reached a decision after almost trashing my new LCD screen with the controller over the Year 2001 award in Time Pilot. man these points are really addictive but shouldn't be the goal, rather a side benefit, especially since most 360 titles are so freakin hard (for me).

Yeah, just play the games you enjoy. If you've gotten really good at a game or pretty far into it, then start looking at achievements. It's much less frustrating that way - plus you get more replay value.

Yeah, it depends what you play. THP8 doesn't give out points too quickly, but it feels good when you get them. I just started playing CoD3 for the first time today (despite getting it on x-mas...THP8's been taking my time) and I got 75 points in an hour or so.

-Spenser

yes, after looking at the king kong and fight night pages...WTF each achieve there is like a 100 points! you spit blood and guts in GoW for 20 or 30!!

Vykranth: yeah, it didn't occur to me they may have played offline for a while then uploaded the difference. i'm always online myself, as most people are.

800 points in one day is likewise amazing, and if i hear one more time that enjoying gaming to the hilt is "having no life" i'll go and buy a racing game. please don't make me do it! i can only wish for a long enough stretch of gaming like that.

800 points in 10 days between Dead Rising, GoW and Viva Pinata. I am not that mad ;)

thanks for all the easy-point game tips, but i've reached a decision after almost trashing my new LCD screen with the controller over the Year 2001 award in Time Pilot. man these points are really addictive but shouldn't be the goal, rather a side benefit, especially since most 360 titles are so freakin hard (for me).

Yeah, this is the main problem I have with Dead Rising's achievements: some of them are way too easy, others requires a special campaign and are against the normal flow of the game. Spending 4 hours blasting zombies for zombie genocider is boring at some point (especially after 2 crashes of the 360)

GoW's achievements are nice; you can get them just while playing the game, not by standing

Yay to reaching 100 members! :D

Luckily for us the website recently upped the custom leaderboard limit to 250 users, whereas before it was 100. Plenty of room to grow still. :)

for some reason i never joined...just joined.....ahh the luxury of having more than 30 minutes to be on the computer!!!

Work, Overtime and full time school is killing me :/ It's either get sleep or computer time. Still trying to make time for the 360.

:/ in the top 50 GS for neowin though. woot

vykranth, after playing the Dead Rising demo i knew it was trouble...seemed too repetitive.

and greetings to all those who joined over the weekend! it's good to see we are growing at a steady clip.

unlike my gamerscore...

what? that's a chicken and egg thing. first you sign up, then the score increases. or the other way around. not sure. just do it, there's no shame in having...wtf? you got 2000+! what's low about that exactly?

I agree. That's not a bad GS. I have people that have been on my friends list for 6+ months that haven't even reached 1000 GP. The only reasons that I've got a pretty good gamerscore is because I played some launch titles with easy achievements and I play a wide variety of games and try to beat the ones I like. Historically I rarely ever would complete a game, so I've made it a point to try and beat most of the games I buy and rent (unless I'm just not feeling the game at the time).

2015, a low GS? That is pretty close of the GS I had when I joined 4 months ago.

Being on the ladder made me realise that I can be a better gamer: I don't play for the achievements but I am willing to go an extra mile to get them (if they are not completely stupid or brain-dead).

When Neoadorable joined, he was around 150. Now, look to him, 2115 points: he is one of the fastest progression of the ladder and he started from 0 like everyone.

The only thing you need for achievements is elbow grease.

By the way, NegaC, if you happen to bump into me in Burnout Revenge, let's make a race together, shall we?

could someone add me? i haven't been able to log in to that site, i did register though and when i tried logging in it said wrong password so i've asked for a new password a couple of times but it just won't work. weird..

anyway, my GT: equinox nl

man, what tha.... I remember when we (Neoadorable and i) were back and forth between 100 points of each other... for the past 2 weeks i was beating him. I had 1600+ (Lol still do) and he got a new game or something and screamed to 2300!! I was like WTF? I gotta buy a game or something to catch up... that's 800 points right there along i gotta beat! Oh man, get out the hot pockets!

Edited by SHoTTa35

well stop dicking around with dig dug and the triple whopper games and get crackin, dammit.

vykranth, i'm blushing!! thanks for noticing, it's no biggie, just a game with major point achieves.

check out DarkGash...guy joined less than a month ago and now at 2500 points or something!!

i hate it when they have like 60 unlocks and each one takes forever, then it's five or ten points.

have to say the points are pretty annoying when you think about them. as dnast noted, they can make you play for unlocks. can't you see they're pitting us against each other? you're always compelled to buy more games!! madness. heh heh.

but of course it's all good fun and another chance to socialize. that's my only gripe really: we don't hook up on XBL nearly enough.

Edited by neoadorable

I honestly think that the Gamerscore system is so simple, yet genius. It makes us play games much more, heck, some of us will play bad games, just to get the achievements (not me though lol).

I suppose everyones GS looks bad when you see people with 60,000+ GS.

That reminds me, I need to renew my gold subscription.